Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 08:29 PM

Default For Those Who Still Want To Turbo...

I realize it's been like pulling teeth to get a turbo off lately. Some of us (myself included) have been trying anyway. Believe me, no one feels worse than I, and the rest of USG's WW code team, do about it. These guys put so much work into the auto-system. I'd personally spent a consistent 14-18 hours DAILY for 3 straight months...only to see turbos cease one week before the project's completion [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Inevitably, the turbos will return. In order to help make it easier, I've added a regularly set schedule for turbos on USG. (screw Beta3...it works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

The USG Werewolf Host is now starting daily signup threads for 12pm and 9pm turbos. The threads get automatically posted at 9:30am and 6:30pm respectively.

Don't worry about being the first or even only person to sign up. Most of them will be empty until turbos are hot again. The signups can be found in the WW Discussion Forum

Peace,
OH
Old 09-16-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: For Those Who Still Want To Turbo...

will games auto-start if there are enough players? or does one of the players have to create the game thread. it'd be awesome if the host auto-started w/ the first 9 or 11 or 13 or whatever
Old 09-16-2007, 08:34 PM

i.e. it'd be nice to have a button that you can click to sign-up and be added to a sign-up list. that list is then automatically used to generate the game. just something to add to your todo list [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2007, 08:45 PM

That was one of my initial suggestions, but it (rightfully) got shot down by the others.

There's no way for the system to know our intentions. Sometimes a thread will be meant for 13 players and we debate about starting with 9 or 11 because there aren't enough. Other times, a 9er thread will get 11, 13, 15, etc. players.

You know?
Old 09-16-2007, 08:51 PM

true. an official signup list would still be a good idea to keep track of how many ppl are signed up. perhaps a checkbox for whoever wants to be the game starter (whoever gets to it first). that person can then be given a link to just click "auto setup" or whatever and it'll auto-setup the game w/ the players that have joined at that point
Old 09-16-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
true. an official signup list would still be a good idea to keep track of how many ppl are signed up. perhaps a checkbox for whoever wants to be the game starter (whoever gets to it first). that person can then be given a link to just click "auto setup" or whatever and it'll auto-setup the game w/ the players that have joined at that point

[/ QUOTE ]

I already fought and won this fight... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Basically, this leaves us no escape hatch should someone [censored] off after signing up.

IMO, having one player spend 5 minutes to kick off the game when everybody's there is much better than the system starting a game with missing players. It's much easier for a human to handle than a computer.