Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 06-23-2007, 01:37 AM

Default AK vs. LRR\'ing moran

Villain is the same guy who played this hand so colossally. He's normally passive, but he may have a personal tilt-vendetta against me for "sucking out" on him.

Given that, is it right to cap preflop versus his LRR? And what's my play on this worthless flop?

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: marchron is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">marchron caps</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
marchron . . .
Old 06-23-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: AK vs. LRR\'ing moran

gotta bet.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:39 AM

bets
Old 06-23-2007, 02:29 AM

you gotta bet this HU.. and if he raises, call the raise and c/r any turn card. LDO!

I think the converter is screwy.. since it says their are 3 players in the hand on flop.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:31 AM

Don't cap PF. When he limp reraises he basically either has crap or a monster. If he has crap I don't want to slow him down. If he has a monster a cap doesn't have value. Even if he's limp reraising a hand like AJ I would much rather let him keep the initiative.

As played a flop check would be a bit too suspicious. I would lead the flop. If he raises you're in a tough spot, this is another benefit to just calling PF, it's much easier to play letting him keep the initiative when you miss. Who knows if he limp reraised with AJ and is now raising the flop and going to 3 barrel due to tilt. I would probably calldown blanks, but I'm going on the assumption that limp reraises are often crap, and he might be on tilt.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the converter is screwy.. since it says their are 3 players in the hand on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is why I hate the converters. It had UTG in the hand the whole way, and he folded preflop. I caught all of the borkages in the finished product except for that one. It's HU.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you gotta bet this HU.. and if he raises, call the raise and c/r any turn card. LDO!

[/ QUOTE ]

C/R the turn? why are we doing that?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't cap PF. When he limp reraises he basically either has crap or a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%. I just call preflop and expect him to bet every single flop. I call to showdown unless I spike a pair, in which I raise at a point where I make the most money (usually a turn raise).