Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 08-30-2006, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Pittsburgh vs. Miami GAME ANALYSIS

Will this be a low scoring game? under 37.5? I'm thinking if pit wins its going over and if dolphins win under. I want to tease the dolps and und so bad but not sure
Old 08-30-2006, 03:04 AM

MIA's defense is living on the past...its average at best.

Pitt will attack Daunte which will be effective(see Jake Plummer last year)

The big question is will MIA be able to exploit any holes and bust out long runs/screens/etc because of the blitzing. Also I am slightly worried about who will be matching up with Chambers especially when Culpepper breaks the pocket during a blitz etc

MIA is overrated. They had a very good finish against overall crappy opponents.
They have a good,not great, coach- a decent defense(18th) a good offense if Culpepper stays healthy and plays like he did back with Randy Moss and not how he did when Moss left.

Ronnie Brown should be good but isn't running behind that great of an O-line.

The kicking game is average.

Pitt at home I'd say is a 3 point favorite. The fact that it is the first game of the season and Big Ben nearly died a month or two ago kind of muddles things....wierd [censored] sometimes happens in the 1st game of the season.

I would put the likely score as 21-14 or 21-17 with Pitt being the victor.

If Mia wins it will be by a TD or less....Pitt is the only team I see being able to win by a large 10+ margin simply because of their D.

Parker will have a lot easier time running vs. Mia than Brown will have against Pitt.

The key to the game will be how Daunte plays...does he turnover the ball against the blitzing D etc?

Most of the defenses have been playing vanilla type schemes in the pre-season so Daunte looking good in pre-season doesn't mean crap.
Indy went 0-4 in the preseason last year.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:19 AM

Any SuperBowl winner is going to be the clear 'public' favorite on opening day. That alone scares the crap out of me. I'd much rather fade the public....but I don't have that choice.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 AM

My rating system had Pitt as a 3.5 pt favorite.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:19 PM

If not for the mansion bet I like the Miami moneyline. Miami D could be one of the toughest matchups for the Steelers Offense. Everyone knows about the Pitt power running game, but when the pass its mostly screens and trick plays downfield. Those are busted by discipline and speed which Miami has at all 3 levels. Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, and how everyone overlooks the addition of Will Allen at cb. This guy is a future star at db.
On the other side of the ball, Miami has some underrated players such as Chambers, Booker, and even Welker. Constantly blitzing Culpepper will turn into a couple big TD's. I like Miami 21-13.......but special teams always messes everything up.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:33 PM

The Bronco's and Seahawks D were light years ahead of Mia and they tore both those D's to shreads...don't see how Mia D is gonna be much of a challenge unless hines ward doesnt play and Big Ben is shakey in the pocket.

The bigger question is how well Pitt does at shutting down Mia offense