Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-21-2007, 12:35 AM

Default NL10 22 in BB - limpers

Stacks are 80-160 BB deep ($8-16)

UTG and all his friends limp. SB completes.

We a) pop it $2 and take it down, b) raise another amount to build a pot, c) join the crowd and go for a set, d) something else?

I'm playing pretty aggro at 29-20
Old 11-21-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: NL10 22 in BB - limpers

check, most likely at least two will call your raise, then you'll be stuck playing an extremely difficult hand OOP unless you hit your set.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:21 AM

with everyone limping, I check 22 and hope for a set. There's really no value to this hand unless you hit the set, so be happy to see a cheap flop

In 10NL, you'll either take down the pot, which is ok, or equally as likely, build a pot in a spot where you'll be wanting to fold post flop most of the time against opponents that just don't like to fold with any piece of the board, so you'll be in a really tough spot :S
Old 11-21-2007, 08:14 AM

How is the table responding to raises? how are they playing post flop?

Look at the people who are calling >20 percent of raises. Are they folding to most flop bets? If so i raise and bet into upto 2 villains on the flop. Take advantage of the donkey calls and passive postflop play.

If you are up against people who will call every street, I just call and expect to build a big pot if i hit.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:08 AM

This is one of the few times I won't raise a pp. If you raise you are likely to get 3+ callers (with each one getting better odds than the last) and at least one of them is going to stubbornly call you down with anything so you really can only win if you hit your set, which isn't likely enough to make raising good here.

My raising range in this situation would be TT+, AJ+, KQ.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:49 PM

At NL10 many players are limping with garbage hands very often a large raise will get them ALL to fold.
I dont mind raising this 1.50/2 and scooping the 6 BB's into my stack.
If i get a caller im betting flop every time.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is the table responding to raises? how are they playing post flop?

Look at the people who are calling >20 percent of raises. Are they folding to most flop bets? If so i raise and bet into upto 2 villains on the flop. Take advantage of the donkey calls and passive postflop play.

If you are up against people who will call every street, I just call and expect to build a big pot if i hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's helpful. I took it down with a $2 bet and instantly had doubts. I was ready to bet to take care of any doubters who didn't hit the flop hard themselves.

Since I raise almost every pp, I'm feeling cb on pp as bread and butter. Not too much resistance at NL10 as long as I'm not going crazy.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:44 PM

FWIW I only raise 77+ from blinds. I'd definitely check here, as you'll have a multiway pot with better implied odds than if you raise big here and get one or two callers.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:02 AM

I'd like to bet this out PF and try to take it down right there. P2's just isn't strong enough to mess around with when you're facing a full field OOP IMHO. Even if you hit the set on Flop it's still the weakest set possible and there's just too many loose players that will run with you anyway and hit the higher draws. I want to at least represent a big pair so a large Flop bet with the proper community cards will make more sense to the Villains. There's little fold equity in that move but if you hit your set and bet out, Villains will tend to put you on a high pair instead. That's a big advantage when the board pairs.