Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Post flop play posts?

hey guys I've been playing small stakes MTT's for a while, I took a month or so break and I feel that my postflop play is rusty now. I looked in the sticky for posts but couldn't find any. Reccomendations?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Post flop play posts?

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys I've been playing small stakes MTT's for a while, I took a month or so break and I feel that my postflop play is rusty now. I looked in the sticky for posts but couldn't find any. Reccomendations?

[/ QUOTE ]

This question is by far too broad.

I'd recommend reading PNLHE, especially the section on Range, Equity, Maximize (REM).

Also, the micro-stakes NLHE forum will be more helpful for post-flop play.

Sherman
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 PM

Plus, go through the sticky above: "Anthology..."

Read through the threads, not just the OPs.

GL

-ZEN
Old 11-01-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd recommend reading PNLHE, especially the section on Range, Equity, Maximize (REM).

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not playing cash games...

thanks for both of your posts but what I meant is I did read the anthology, and saw no threads specifically geared towards postflop play. I'll read it again I guess to make sure I didn't miss anything
Old 11-01-2007, 02:55 PM

just read every posted hand in this forum...seriously...it is a great learning tool and you will pick up wisdom quick...improved hugely by posting and reading posts of 2+2ers
Old 11-01-2007, 03:01 PM

Why not play some cash, maybe 1k hands per month to improve your postflop play? That's what I'm doing. So then you can post trouble hands in the msnl cash forum. If you 2 table you can get through 1k hands at 6max in about 5 hours.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not playing cash games...

thanks for both of your posts but what I meant is I did read the anthology, and saw no threads specifically geared towards postflop play. I'll read it again I guess to make sure I didn't miss anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh rly! Gee I had no idea you weren't playing cash games...LDO.

WTF dude. Why on earth would I recommend you read the cash game forum if I didn't think it would help address your question?

I don't give a [censored] if you play cash games or not. You asked to learn how to play post flop. I told you to read the cash game forum (more specifically the sticky at the top). Why? Because cash games are ALL ABOUT POSTFLOP PLAY!

And then you say to me, "Well thanks for your help, but I don't care about cash games."

Well if you don't care about cash games, then you don't care about post-flop play. It's that simple.

Sherman

Edit: Sorry if I am coming across as an ass, but listen to what people are telling before you tell them why their answer sucks.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Sherm for mod!

-ZEN
Old 11-01-2007, 03:19 PM

yeah you are really coming across as an ass, man. I get what you are saying now, but perhaps you should try to up your reading comprehension a bit too? I didn't say I don't care about cash games, I said I'm not playing cash, AND even if I didn't care about them, that would not mean I don't care about post flop play, wtf?

anyway, I will check out those forums, and I think this shows that the mtt forum needs to post more about post-flop play maybe(because you said the cash forum is better for that)?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Can't we all just get along?

Seriously, post-flop play is a big weakness of mine, but I dont think there is any quick way to learn it. I have been reading a ton, but still realize I need a lot more experience in hand-reading and move-making, etc. that is going to take my slow brain a long time to master.