Default AQ in reraised pot facing river all in

PokerStars $0.25/$0.50 No-Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Button: $101.50
SB: $53.70
BB: $25.00
UTG: $36.50
CO: $77.40

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, CO calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $7.50</font>, CO calls $7.50.

Turn: ($25.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $17</font>, CO calls $17.

River: ($59.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">CO bets $47.90 (all in)</font>, Hero ???.

Final Pot: $59.75

Villain is 53/20/1.4 over 50 hands.

I know all I can beat is a bluff, then again, I feel folding after checking against what seems to be a donk is kinda weak.

Thoughts on all streets?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: AQ in reraised pot facing river all in

preflop is good.
i prefer to check the flop behind on such dry flops as it will be much easier to extract later on and relatively low risk as there are few scare cards but against this opponent i dont mind a bet too much - i think the EV of these two lines are very similar.

once he c/c the flop i then check behind on the turn and then call almost any river bet or value bet him if checked to on the river.

as played the river is a fold - hes called 2 barrells and then shoved the river what part of his range are you hoping to see here? he has you crushed - just fold it.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:25 AM

would be interested to hear others opinions on the flop action.
i know its very exploitable but against this opponent i think that is irrelevant and checking the flop behind is the best way to get 2 streets of value out of him.
thoughts?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:38 AM

I'd raise a smidgen more pf because you're a tad deep.

I totally agree with above poster that we want to use our position to limit action to 2 streets. With that in mind, I like a check behind on the flop or on the turn. If an aggro opponent, I like a chk on the flop. If passive, I like the turn.

If you check somewhere, you're committing to 2 streets of action no matter how hefty villain might bet into you.

edit: only like this when villain is not a bit stationy...
Old 10-28-2007, 11:50 AM

he probably has a big hand here. {KK, KT,(TT, AT, AA, 54, a little less likely)AK, 22, 33}. so u know what to do^^

the idee to check the flop behind looks good to me. certainly a good line for tpgk. but again he can only call with some sort of draw if he picks up one, or he might call 1 bet with a pp or or a pair if he makes one(KQ eg.).
Old 10-28-2007, 05:52 PM

I feel we are wasting value when we check the flop, or the turn.

Against other people I would usually check the turn (and never check the flop, because then I have no idea where I am at when he reraises turn). But come on, this guy is like a total donk. We could extract 3 streets of value. Only problem is that the river card is way too scary.

Then again, don't you guys think there is a lot of single-tabling donks with 40+ vpip who very, very frequently make huge river bets with complete garbage?

Please think that carefully. Don't you remember that guy who frequently c/c, c/c, bet all in, he builds a stack, somebody calls him once and he has 27o, then in the next 4 orbits he goes broke... come on, have you never seen this guy?

Anyway, when I check the river I show weakness, and I believe someone would make a half-pot bet in this situation. Most of the time all I have is AQ/AJ. When you look at the villain's stats, at his bet, don't you see something is wrong here?
Old 10-28-2007, 06:01 PM

Fold river; you see 2pr+ almost always.

Also, there's no point checking anywhere in this pot. There's definitely 3 streets of value here.

I'd raise more PF, too.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:02 PM

Good river check.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good river check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious or not?

I was kinda expecting people to tell me to make a blocking bet here. I guess everyone is in the folding/checking camp.

I think given his stats, he has a weak ace a lot here. And also given his stats, I think he calls 3 streets. The river card, somehow scared me, tho. Don't know why heh. Maybe I should just move in on the river? I am so confused now...
Old 10-28-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good river check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious or not?

I was kinda expecting people to tell me to make a blocking bet here. I guess everyone is in the folding/checking camp.

I think given his stats, he has a weak ace a lot here. And also given his stats, I think he calls 3 streets. The river card, somehow scared me, tho. Don't know why heh. Maybe I should just move in on the river? I am so confused now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf, am I reading the same hand as everyone else? Cause it looks to me like you're in position and he donkbets the river.