Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 08-13-2007, 08:07 PM

Default *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

So far from watching the first preseason game against the Ravens:

1)We can't run the ball for sh*t.
2)Didn't like Akers's missed FG because he says he hasn't been kicking well of late and the inconsistent holder doesn't help the cause and the new long snapper.
3)William "don't call me Peterson" James shouldn't be our Nickelback. I don't think he's supposed to be (Mikkel), but if there was a chance, he shouldn't.

Nonetheless, anything lower that 10 wins this season (barring injuries) will be a disappointment.

Prediction: 12-4, McNabb leading QB in yds, Westbrook leads NFC in yds/touch.

Last but not least,

<font color="green">E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES!!!
</font>
Old 08-13-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]

2)Didn't like Akers's missed FG because he says he hasn't been kicking well of late and the inconsistent holder doesn't help the cause and the new long snapper.
3)William "don't call me Peterson" James shouldn't be our Nickelback. I don't think he's supposed to be (Mikkel), but if there was a chance, he shouldn't.

Nonetheless, anything lower that 10 wins this season (barring injuries) will be a disappointment.

Last but not least,

EAGLES!!!
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a better chance of Bonds being clean than McShabb leading the league in passing yards and Westbrook in yards and TD's.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:29 PM

Is this game on national TV tonight? I'd like to see Kolb in the 2nd half.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last but not least,

EAGLES!!!
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a better chance of Bonds being clean than McShabb leading the league in passing yards and Westbrook in yards and TD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giants fans really are delusional. McNabb is the third best quarterback in the NFL and best in the NFC. Westbrook is the third best back in the NFC. That doesn't mean either of those things will happen, but they are not in the least bit far-fetched.

James looked terrible this game. That said, he will be our nickel corner. I highly doubt Joselio Hansen beats him out. And Mikell is a safety, not a cornerback

I wouldn't worry about the running game. Our offensive line will come together by the start of the season.

I wasn't thrilled with the Akers' miss either, but the bad snap obviously threw him off. While Akers isn't automatic like he used to be, he's still a solid kicker. I agree, I would like to see more consistency this year though.

I thought Bunkley looked good in his limited action. Considine was all over the place, which is at least encouraging. Gaddis brought good help coverage on one play, which is a good sign. I'd really like to see hiim win the 4th safety job. Celek looked a lot better than I thought he would.

Overall, so far it's been very meh. But it's pre-season and the score obviously doesn't matter.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this game on national TV tonight? I'd like to see Kolb in the 2nd half.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish he got his first snap in Philly, so I could listen to the smattering of boos. I really hope McNabb starts for us for another 6+ years.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:42 PM

E - A - G - L - E - S
EAGLES!!!!

Couldn't catch the game today, we don't have TV yet and Sopcast wouldn't work. Ah well.

Started looking at DirecTV packages, apparently I need a land phone line for Sunday Ticket, wtf? If anyone has DirecTV/Sunday Ticket, please shoot me a message on AIM about what I need to do, thanks (sn is pokerfink).
Old 08-13-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last but not least,

EAGLES!!!
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giants fans really are delusional. McNabb is the third best quarterback in the NFL and best in the NFC. Westbrook is the third best back in the NFC. That doesn't mean either of those things will happen, but they are not in the least bit far-fetched.

James looked terrible this game. That said, he will be our nickel corner. I highly doubt Joselio Hansen beats him out. And Mikell is a safety, not a cornerback

I wouldn't worry about the running game. Our offensive line will come together by the start of the season.

I wasn't thrilled with the Akers' miss either, but the bad snap obviously threw him off. While Akers isn't automatic like he used to be, he's still a solid kicker. I agree, I would like to see more consistency this year though.

I thought Bunkley looked good in his limited action. Considine was all over the place, which is at least encouraging. Gaddis brought good help coverage on one play, which is a good sign. I'd really like to see hiim win the 4th safety job. Celek looked a lot better than I thought he would.

Overall, so far it's been very meh. But it's pre-season and the score obviously doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how just assumed I was a Giants fan. (You are right, but that's besides the point. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I know McNabb is a good QB. I've always liked him. But 1/2 you Philly fans were ready to throw him under the bus when TO was bitching.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last but not least,

EAGLES!!!
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a better chance of Bonds being clean than Westbrook in yards and TD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

i said yards per touch (yds/touch) not touchdowns and yds

how's eli?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how just assumed I was a Giants fan. (You are right, but that's besides the point. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I know McNabb is a good QB. I've always liked him. But 1/2 you Philly fans were ready to throw him under the bus when TO was bitching.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I have always been a big supporter of McNabb through everything. That said, you're right, too many people in Philadelphia jump on McNabb at every opportunity. I wouldn't say that it's 50%, but it is a very vocal group.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last but not least,

EAGLES!!!
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a better chance of Bonds being clean than Westbrook in yards and TD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

i said yards per touch (yds/touch) not touchdowns and yds

how's eli?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's looking awesome! I fully expect at least 15 TD's and a 50% completion %. (INT's don't count.)