Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should I do
Show her anyway 21 26.92%
Who cares? If you really wrote this you're too ghey anyway 46 58.97%
Can I give this to my girl? 11 14.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Re: What % of People with Suspended/Closed Accounts Deserve It?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have a life ban from pokerstars, ultimatebet, and absolutepoker for swearing. never made a bad deposit or was accused of multi-accounting or collusion, just bitching.
i have had 5 accounts (5 different computers) on pokerstars and all of them closed. ultimate bet legally allows 3 accounts, so im on my 2nd life there and doing good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought people just got chat bans for swearing. Why ban them completely?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure you are rigth. You can get your chat disabled, but I doubt you can get banned for that.

[/ QUOTE ]i'm pretty sure if you use abusive/profane language in your emails with support they will ban you from the site.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:47 AM

threeve or eleventy depending.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:17 AM

Each response is sheer speculation. And your poll just quantifies the speculation. Put me down for "Bastard!"
Old 11-25-2007, 12:32 PM

Suspended and Froze should be separate polls. Sites, will suspend as a procedure while investigating thus that % will be much lower for those who deserve it.

Put me down for "Bastard" also.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:20 PM

Heres my account suspension story,

My Girlfriend got mad I was playing online poker so she got on my e-mail and (pretending to be me)she wrote to Poker Stars saying I have a gambling problem and so forth. So Poker Stars suspends my account and says they don't want to contribute to my (so-called) problem. LOL YEAH RIGHT LIKE THEY CARE. I e-mail them and tell them what happened and they say people with gambling problems won't admit it. I had to create a new account on Stars and FTP.

Anyway, every suspension and/or freeze is unique in its own way, you would have to look at the facts to decipher if the Poker sites held water in suspeding/freezing the account.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at your poll

your poll

lol at it

[/ QUOTE ]

lol very well put
Old 11-25-2007, 03:06 PM

I suspect nearly 100% of people who have had their account closed actually did break the site's ToS.

Also, closed account != money necessarily frozen. For example, often when a person creates a second account to get rakeback, FTP will simply close the second account and transfer all funds to the first account.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Girlfriend got mad I was playing online poker so she got on my e-mail and (pretending to be me)she wrote...

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, you should get a new girlfriend, not new accounts [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

@OP: there are some "suspicious" things that can get you banned when you don't deserve it. Typically:
- playing heads-up (easy suspicion of chipdumping if the donk cheats in some way - e.g. reguests charge back or does credit card fraud or what)
- money transfers (easy suspicion of cheat if the partner is shady)

Other than that I think the % is close to 100% for suspended and very close to 100% for closed accounts. Well, yes nothing in the live is 100% (suspended/closed accounts as well).
Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 AM

Yeah when pokerstars had the E-Check deposit come back I had the money in my account. I can't help they didn't take it out in time. I had the money in my account for weeks and they never took it out, I can't just leave the $ in there, I have bills to pay too. Then a month later when I don't have sufficent funds in my bank account and my bank declines the transactions. So pokerstars closes my account and every account I made they close it, so [censored] OFF Pokerstars, eventhough I love pokerstars they pissed me off, FTP FTW!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah when pokerstars had the E-Check deposit come back I had the money in my account. I can't help they didn't take it out in time. I had the money in my account for weeks and they never took it out, I can't just leave the $ in there, I have bills to pay too. Then a month later when I don't have sufficent funds in my bank account and my bank declines the transactions. So pokerstars closes my account and every account I made they close it, so [censored] OFF Pokerstars, eventhough I love pokerstars they pissed me off, FTP FTW!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. That money in your bank account was not yours the minute you put the EFT through, even though there was a balance there.