Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 07:40 AM

Default Poker Academy Pro

So I just DL PAP and it looks interesting, but how can I use it to actually learn to improve my game? Any involved users have any suggestions?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Poker Academy Pro

[ QUOTE ]
So I just DL PAP and it looks interesting, but how can I use it to actually learn to improve my game? Any involved users have any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]
You would be better off (and learn more) playing nano-limit "0.1/0.2" stakes, etc. However bad you are to start with, it would take a long time to lose the amount PA costs and by then you would prolly have become a much better player and be able to beat the nano-limits and beyond.

About all it is good for is getting the feel for playing HU limit without having to pay killer rake at the low levels. Even so, real human HU limit players don't play much like either SparBot or VexBot so the experience you gain is limited (you might even be better off trying to get some HU play on a WSEX "rake free" micro-limit table).

I can't comment on the PA online "PAX" games as I've never tried them, but I guess they are somewhere between the play money and nano-limit (if a player was any good then I'm pretty sure they would play for real money and not fake PA money...).

If you feel that you have to spend some money on something poker related then buy a decent book; you'll get much more from it in the long run.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Poker Academy Pro

PAX games are between real and online play tables in looseness/tightness.

PAP is as good as it gets for laptop play with no net connection.

Bottom line is if you beat all bots consistently, haven't you gotten the most out of the program? Or am I missing something re- play vs. AI. Besides you can tweak AI.