Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
rothko - Has anyone been punished for chipdumping at AP? Like ever?

its an important question, please don't ignore it. Its a big forum, someone would know somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i have no idea. whether they did or not does not change what happened here.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw- I think the spin here for damage control against the crowd who will say "see told you it was rigged" or "may as well make it all illegal anyhow now" is that when something like this happens, the playing community cares enough and is resiliant enough to take it head on even if others won't.

This is really an incredible win for the online community- even if it may hurt in the short term.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. sorry. Run of the mill punters aren't gonna see it this way. This is the true end of online poker I fear. GG everyone, glad you outed these dicks and hopefully everyone gets paid back...but the PR disaster is gonna be hudge, for every site across the board, and especially for causal players.

Bittersweet hi5s to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

People want to gamble online and online poker has survived many other scandals. I'd be willing to wager a lot that poker will be pretty much back to status quo in less than 2 months. This will have nowhere near the effect of UIGEA.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw- I think the spin here for damage control against the crowd who will say "see told you it was rigged" or "may as well make it all illegal anyhow now" is that when something like this happens, the playing community cares enough and is resiliant enough to take it head on even if others won't.

This is really an incredible win for the online community- even if it may hurt in the short term.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. sorry. Run of the mill punters aren't gonna see it this way. This is the true end of online poker I fear. GG everyone, glad you outed these dicks and hopefully everyone gets paid back...but the PR disaster is gonna be hudge, for every site across the board, and especially for causal players.

Bittersweet hi5s to 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just like pokerspot ended online poker. And just like Enron ruined the stock market.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:50 AM

In this email why did they refer to steamroller? Wouldn't the normal response have been "stom@fiducix.com belongs to the Absolute Poker Staff". Unless the $300 transfer referred to steamroller. Is this the case? For those who have not seen the original explanation of this email look here for happyhappyhappy post:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...art=22&vc=1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the second part of your post seems incredibly naive. i would wager a large amount of money that there was an attempted coverup.

[/ QUOTE ]

then prove it, thats all I'm asking

[/ QUOTE ]

these threads are proof enough for me. stonewalling. denying chipdumping. denying strange tendencies in the play.

DENYING WHEN SCOT TOM WORKED FOR THEM

DENYING A SUPERUSER ACCOUNT EVEN EXISTED

refusing to give out info on who runs the site, who owns the site, who the accts belong to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Claimed there was an internal investigation, then claimed that investigation revealed no wrongdoing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

its an important question, please don't ignore it. Its a big forum, someone would know somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i have no idea. whether they did or not does not change what happened here.

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously it doesn't change what happened here, but it does hurt your claim that it was obvious there was a cover up because they missed the chip dumping.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:52 AM

bleh, I'm done with this thread, I'm saying the same thing over and over again.

Adanthar et al - let me know if AP doesn't admit to something.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) There is no evidence of cheating at any other major site wrong. betfair, party, prima

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? link please.

[/ QUOTE ]

for starters

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Stars wcoop2007me?

Lawyers made the threads go away per Mat in ATF:

wcoop threads???

gg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously it doesn't change what happened here, but it does hurt your claim that it was obvious there was a cover up because they missed the chip dumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, no it does not. ffs, they didn't miss it. they were told about it. they investigated it and said it was on the level.

But it helps the claim of incompetence.

ike- go read the zoo thread where their support posted well into the process and they admit there is chip dumping.
They then dismiss the dumping by saying "it's to several unrelated accounts".

The definition of chipdumping is the damn accounts are tied. That's what makes it a dump.
They couldn't even get that right. Either the dumbest of monkeys ever or ones smart enough to deceive.

I don't think anyone cares particularly which one it is right now- since both should offend us.
Closed Thread