Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which are you?
Catholic 7 11.29%
Protestant 10 16.13%
Latter Day Saints 1 1.61%
Jewish 3 4.84%
Agnostic/Atheist 34 54.84%
Other 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: question

[ QUOTE ]
How are you supposed to win this [censored] game:

[/ QUOTE ]

CrMenace at this risk of putting content in the NC thread I suggest you do some pokertracker analysis of hands you were CRed on the turn with to see how many times you are good and report back. Cos you know, they arent bluffing as much as you think they are and it it worth paying 2BB even damn time to find out? do the math bro.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

CrMenace at this risk of putting content in the NC thread I suggest you do some pokertracker analysis of hands you were CRed on the turn with to see how many times you are good and report back. Cos you know, they arent bluffing as much as you think they are and it it worth paying 2BB even damn time to find out? do the math bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aussie

I can't figure out how to do that -- I can only filter for hands I c/r'd.

And of the above do you lay them all down?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:29 PM

oh, well I just assumed you could. I suppose you could do some filters to narrow it down (eg compare 'Went to SD and Won' v 'Went to SD and Lost'). would probably be possible to write a query but thats not something I can help ya with.

as for laying down...well it depends and my comment was a general geared at getting u to think about how often you pay off turn CRs.

too much content

ozi out
Old 08-25-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, well I just assumed you could. I suppose you could do some filters to narrow it down (eg compare 'Went to SD and Won' v 'Went to SD and Lost'). would probably be possible to write a query but thats not something I can help ya with.

as for laying down...well it depends and my comment was a general geared at getting u to think about how often you pay off turn CRs.

too much content

ozi out

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I appreciate it Aussie -- FWIW I went through manually (I only have ~3K hands after my hard drive crashed). I've been turn c/r'd 20 times. Of those times, I:
- folded 6
- won 8, netting $69.9
- lost 5, netting -$24.5
- chopped 1

So it's probably due to small sample size, but I am ahead but calling these a lot. Some I'm sure my hand was so strong I wasn't worried about the c/r.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've never heard of this guy before, but this is a pretty teriffic trip report:

http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/en...tory.phtml#280

my favorite part (in white, so you can enjoy it inside the story as much as i did):

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">
Fatty "What did you say?"
Tucker "Can you not hear me? Are your ears fat too?"
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
His book I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell is basically like 1000 pages of that.

Also, one of my dish free-preview channels is showing Australian football, Geelong vs. Port Adelaide. I like watching the AFL because of those cool umpires who point for every goal, but I really have no idea what's going on. Any Aussies wanna give me a quick primer?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, one of my dish free-preview channels is showing Australian football, Geelong vs. Port Adelaide. I like watching the AFL because of those cool umpires who point for every goal, but I really have no idea what's going on. Any Aussies wanna give me a quick primer?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a pretty good match, Geelong are the top team this year.

I'm not the best one to help explain the game, Ozi would do a much better job (I dont know if snitch follows it, but he would be able to explain rugby).

Here's a linky to a FAQ: http://www.footy.com.au/dags/FAQ1v1-5.html
Old 08-26-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a pretty good match, Geelong are the top team this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Port's basically owned them for most of the game, though of course as I write this Geelong has scrambled back to within one goal.

Now I understand at least why they were dribbling the ball as they ran.

Edit: Geelong just took the lead.

Edit: Holy [censored], what a finish. Port kicked a goal to win with three seconds left, final score 106-101.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:15 AM

actually Im not sure where to begin when it comes to explaining the game. its quite unique. prob best to just read that link Gib referenced.

as far as the game goes, yep it was a good one and a crucial ones for both teams...Geelong hadnt lost for months (literally). Im not really a fan of either team though.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 PM

so I finally get some motivation to play poker again.

drop 29bb over 10 hrs live at 10/20. A few bets to bad play but most to getting kicked in the balls by the deck and the surrounding card geniuses.

drop 72bb over about 600 hands online playing .5/1 with a WTSD 34% / W$SD 29%. So that makes my WTSD 35% / W$SD 42% over 3000 hands of .5/1

FU poker
Old 08-26-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Live play = free monies

sooooo yesterday I turned 21. AC TIME BEYOTCH

Drove out on friday, got in the area around 5-6 pm. Found the nearest denny's and gorged myself with the glorious food that is otherwise unfindable in the area around me.

After denny's, an immediate stop to the Liquor Store (or what we call it, Liquo' Sto'), where some purchases were made. Got back to the hotel room, rest of friends were having a sick hotel party, I limit myself to a white russian.

Meet up with other people that drove down later on at the Taj, watched them drop some $ playing BJ and Sloooooooooots. Midnight rolls around, time to get myself to the cardroom! Sit down at a nice 3/6 game (with 1/3 sb = lamesauce), and I run WHITE HOT (despite not getting QQ+ once). I lose maybe 2 showdowns in the next 2 1/2 hours.

Some notable moments:

- being a B&amp;M noob, and playing out of my rack for the first orbit when sitting down, and this older table coach type yells at me saying I need one stack on the table at all times when playing.

- 2 bad players limp in, old guy that yelled at me limps in, I have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on button, SB folds, and BB checks it. Flop comes 642r, 1 club. BB bets out, 2 folds, old dude calls, as do I. Turn K, completing the rainbow. Checked to me, and CHOOO CHOOOO goes the value town train on my two opponents. River is something like a 9 or J or something, I continue to ride the value town express all over they're faces. BB J6 + old guys 55 NO GOOD. I then get berated by old guy, and his old school "conventional poker wisdom" playing buddies (would be 30/5 passive table coach types that tilt easy).

- 2 people from table coach crew limp in, I limp in in HJ with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and inexperienced player who doesn't understand how the betting works limps on button (probably doesn't know the difference between NL and limit). SB folds, and this short stacked spewy regular (he knew all the dealers, and was joking around with one of them) raises in BB. All calls. flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Bet from spewy dude, 1 fold, one of the TC crew guys raises, I call (I prolly should have 3-banged here, but I wanted BU in the hand, and in general keep this multiway), BU calls, spewy guy 3bets, TC guy calls, I say CAPPUCHINO, and get all calls, as well as WTF IS THIS FISH DOING talk from the TC crew. Spewy guys has $3 left, and bets blind on the turn. Turn comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BWAHAHAHAHA. TC guy raises the $3, I go MOAR CHIPS IN POT PLZ and raise him. Spewy regular goes "wow, I guess I'm done". BU folds, TC calls. River is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] check-bet-call, I table my hand and exclaim SHIP IT as a mountain of white and red chips gets pushed my way.

End Result: + 35 BB on the first time I've played 3/6 (played up to 2/4 on intarweb)
Closed Thread