Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-20-2007, 01:42 PM

Default $10/$50 HUSNG\'s preflop all in

Can following three be called?
Opponents were relatively tight preflop.

Hand #1324116A44000020: $10 Heads-up NL Hold'em (Cake Poker)

villain (660.00 in chips)
Hero (2340.00 in chips)

Hero: posts small blind $15
villain: posts big blind $30
Dealt to Hero [ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Hero: raises to $90
villain: is all in
Hero: ?

Here is a similar situation:

Hand #13241168AF000078: $50 Heads-up NL Hold'em
Seat 3: villain(700.00 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero(2300.00 in chips)
Hero: posts small blind $25
villain: posts big blind $50
Dealt to Hero[ J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Hero: raises to $100

Hand #13241168AF000079: $50 Heads-up NL Hold'em
Seat 3: villain(1400.00 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero(1600.00 in chips)
villain: posts small blind $25
Hero: posts big blind $50
Dealt to Hero [ T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
villain: raises to $150
Hero: raises to $400
Old 11-20-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: $10/$50 HUSNG\'s preflop all in

1. Need to be ahead 570/1320 = 43%
2. Need to be ahead 600/1400 = 43%
3. Need to be ahead 1000/2800 = 36%

1. Usually fold, raise smaller PF.

I'd fold this. Villain has 22BB to start the hand, and (depending on reads) a shove is usually quite strong. He'd need to be pushing something like [AK-A8, 99+, KQ] for you to be good, and that's still close (45%). This would depend strongly on reads. This is one of the reasons I like a smaller PFR here.

2. Usually call unless he's a super-nit

At 14BB, you can probably expect somebody to be shoving more hands in this spot (again read-dependent), and AJ is worth a few more % points of equity. Against the range above, you've got nearly 49%, so I'd say this is a call against most opponents.

3. Usually fold, think about flatcalling his PFR

Hand 3: You're getting better odds, but the situation is worse. He raised preflop and then shoved over your 3bet. Is this the kind of opponent that does this with A9? 77? I would assume that people are shoving this fairly tight at the $50 level, and you've only got 30% equity here against [TT+, AQ+]. If he's been super-duper aggressive, this could be a call, but readless, I'd say it's a fold. Then again, if he's been super-duper aggressive, I'd flatcall the PFR and try to outplay him postflop.

Sidenote: can you PM me or post some info about the games at Cake? I'd like to know about the structure, availability and softness of games, etc. - rakeback would be pretty sweet.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Need to be ahead 570/1320 = 43%
2. Need to be ahead 600/1400 = 43%
3. Need to be ahead 1000/2800 = 36%

1. Usually fold, raise smaller PF.

I'd fold this. Villain has 22BB to start the hand, and (depending on reads) a shove is usually quite strong. He'd need to be pushing something like [AK-A8, 99+, KQ] for you to be good, and that's still close (45%). This would depend strongly on reads. This is one of the reasons I like a smaller PFR here.

2. Usually call unless he's a super-nit

At 14BB, you can probably expect somebody to be shoving more hands in this spot (again read-dependent), and AJ is worth a few more % points of equity. Against the range above, you've got nearly 49%, so I'd say this is a call against most opponents.

3. Usually fold, think about flatcalling his PFR

Hand 3: You're getting better odds, but the situation is worse. He raised preflop and then shoved over your 3bet. Is this the kind of opponent that does this with A9? 77? I would assume that people are shoving this fairly tight at the $50 level, and you've only got 30% equity here against [TT+, AQ+]. If he's been super-duper aggressive, this could be a call, but readless, I'd say it's a fold. Then again, if he's been super-duper aggressive, I'd flatcall the PFR and try to outplay him postflop.

Sidenote: can you PM me or post some info about the games at Cake? I'd like to know about the structure, availability and softness of games, etc. - rakeback would be pretty sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah really good analysis. i agree, though would not have put it so eloquently.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:51 PM

wow, thank you for a very detailed analysis.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 PM

You HAVE to call 3 if you 3-bet him. There's no way you should be committing 33% of your chips preflop and then folding. In this situation I generally shove. However, if this is a very tight raiser you might not shove here.

2 is call, 1 is probably a call as played, but you can fold if you minraise there.

Keep in mind effective stack to blind ratios in all of these spots.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:30 PM

@ChicagoRy

[ QUOTE ]
You HAVE to call 3 if you 3-bet him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? what if you don't have the odds, given what you read his RRAI range to be? I mean suppose he's willing to make the initial raise with A8, but wouldn't put in the shove without QQ+? Although I suppose your response is going to be that there aren't (m)any players like that.

I do like shoving there, but I also like flatcalling against certain opponents depending on the flow of the game.

Now, you're saying to call 1 and 3 when I suggested fold - I'm assuming this means you think people are pushing a lot wider there than I am. Is this your experience, or is there something I'm missing?