Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 AM

Default $3/$6 B&M face tough river decision

Its your typical super loose $3/$6 limit B&M game with 5+ limpers per hand for any amount of bets preflop. Im in the CO with 87 and know the person to my left is generally very tight and most likely wont play his button without some sort of premium holding. I limp with 87 with a few people in front of me in the pot already. Button folds, sb (Bob) completes, and BB checks. So a few of us to the flop. Sorry for no pretty graphics, maybe i'll edit it later so there are. Flop is T64. Checked around to me so I check. Nobody is folding any pair in this game so betting on the come seems kind of foolish. Turn is a K. Bob (very solid and semi-nitty player) now leads out and bets. There are 2 calls between Bob and I, I call. River is a 9 making the board T64K9. Bob instantly leads out and gets called all-in by someone (he had $5 left). I raise with my 2nd nut straight and without almost any hesitation Bob 3 bets me. Let me note, he is NEVER doing this with 2 pair, he is NEVER doing this with a set on a possible straight board; given these 2 pieces of information and the fact Bob is never getting out of line, must we pay off the last bet knowing theres about a 95% chance Bob has exactly QJ in this spot? Thanks
-Cragg