Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 AM

Default strange title

Fangyang, someone I never before heard of, made a strange post in the Omaha-8 forum. (I moved the post to the news, views, and gossip forum).

But what seemed even stranger than the post was his title. With only 8 posts to his credit, his title is
"TERRIBLE AT SPAMMING." There are no notes on him in the "edit this user" file.

How did he get such a strange title?

Buzz
Old 10-25-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: strange title

Buzz, this guy is this watch spammer. His spam becomes pretty easy to spot after a while (he always spams about the time I Get home from work whist most mods are sleeping) and Ive probably banned him 15 times this month already and since all his accounts have been getting nuked as soon as Ryan or other reds seem them it is easy to get lax about notes. Im sick of him and his terrible spam and i cant believe he is so damn persistent. who the hell is buying his damn watches from 2+2 that makes him so keen to spam us? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

he needs to be IP banned and have his latest domain blocked.

ozi
Old 10-25-2007, 07:21 AM

Ozibattler - Thanks. Got it.

I wrote him a private message asking what was going on. If I ban him now, I guess he won't get the message.

Doesn't matter, I suppose, but I'm curious as to whether he'll reply to me or even read the message.

At any rate I'll take care of banning him tomorrow (and write a remark in his folder). I guess there's no hurry to ban him since he'll evidently just turn up again as soon as his current account is banned.

My apologies to the mods in the NVG forum for moving the post there. I didn't click on the off site location (because I didn't want to be thrust there). I'll simply delete posts like that one in the future.

Buzz
Old 10-25-2007, 08:01 AM

no worries buzz. fyi Im banning him on sight so he wont get ur pms as he is already banned. he tries to disguise his posts as poker related stuff, watch out for posts that have chinese sounding names as user, include text that is all part of a link that doesnt fit ur forum content. basically every link he posts will redirect to a watch selling fake watches. he likes to get one of his first spam posts in beginners btw.