Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Multi-table or move-up?

...snip...
What regs (besides Sobos and ActionStan) do I need to be wary of?
...snip...

You're too kind. I think mostly I suck less than most of the crowd there and that's not that hard.

I don't have trouble with any particular player. No one is so aggressive that I just hate to have them on my left. Most of my problems stem from my own game and not a particular player, such as being too optimistic about a players range and putting too much money into a pot because hands x, y, and z would all be in my raising range. Ol' Rocky NeverMoveAChip just doesn't have those hands in his range as it turns out.

I don't honestly think that the NL200 level is all that much harder than the NL100 level on the dog. It's a little different set of behaviors to exploit, but there is still plenty of bad play.

The biggest difference I've noticed is that there are a somewhat higher percentage of folks who will challenge your c-bets so you may want to a little more selective on the flops you c-bet, but just a little. I still make most of my money in small pots. They level tends to be a little looser pre-flop, so that more than makes up for the slightly greater aggression as long as you consistently attack in position. It is also somewhat more likely that someone will drop down from a higher limit or a big sports book score and play some 1-2 and do a lot more raising to have a little fun. If you end up out of position to one of these guys, you may have to adjust to trapping and playing back more than you would at the lower levels where you don't bump into this style as much.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:40 PM

Landlord, here's a few differences to get you started....
Sets win big pots in 100NL; straights win big pots in 200NL. People will be straight-mining you, so beware....200NL is all about implied odds...more people (somewhat correctly) chase gutshots, knowing that youll pay them off with your set or overpair...i made a lot of money at 100NL under-repping big hands and calling/raising big bets on the river...at 200NL, this is often a terrible strategy...make people pay to chase!!!....ok, the biggest tip is this...at 100NL bodog a lot of bad players will make big bets on the river with weakish hands, thinking that youll fold your TPTK...those big bets at 200NL are VERYVERY often 2pair or better...LAGS dont bluff the river as much...they are betting for value....when I first moved up to 200NL, i kept on paying these guys off on the river because, at 100NL, these bets meant weakish hands...dont pay them off at 200NL (from your description as being a payoff wizard, i think you may know what i mean from your shot at 200)...good luck
Old 11-06-2007, 03:00 PM

Even after losing $250 last night, I'm still at 15BB/100 for the month (1800 hands), I know this is a micro sample, but if this were all evened out, running at 2BB/100 would just seem like I was playing bad. What are you guys normally running?

(And the month did start off rather stellar like.)
Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 PM

If your true winrate is 8-10/100, then you will very likely soon have a 2K hand stretch when you are running 2/100. Don't even bother looking at winrate stats until you have 25K+ hands at a level.