Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: FH on Flop - But Villian has draw to possible Higher FH

OMG TY guys for all the replies! I didn't think this particular hand would generate as much debate as it did.

This was such a difficult hand for me especially given that this is a friend of mine.

I think some of you in you analysis of this hand seemed to disregard the relationship factor in the hand.

First off, the small reraise made me immediately think he is testing my bet. I know in other cases this means I want you to pay me off. BUT in this case he is a friend of mine so I took his mini raise to mean " Oh really... do you really have it?"

This particular person since they know me would highly suspect me of having 88XX, KAxx, K8xx, and this is why his reraise scared me. I thought "Oh no, I must be toast," and if not toast he has high cards to draw out on me with.

Here is how the hand ultimately went down.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $73.75
UTG+1: $29
MP1: $73.70
Janellebb7: $69
CO: $32.50
Button: $41.05
SB: $109
BB: $66.95

Pre-flop: (8 players) Janellebb7 is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Janellebb7 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($5, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Janellebb7 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $5</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 raises to $22.5</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $80</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Janellebb7 calls all-in $45.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: $12 returned to SB.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($143.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $143.5)

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($143.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $143.5)

Results:
Final pot: $143.5
Janellebb7 showed 8d 7s 8h 6c
SB showed 2d 4h Jd Ks

LOL after I saw the hand he had I realized I was a favorite... although only a small favorite (57%) to win the hand.

It sounds like to me the majority say fold this hand. Although a good portion of you see good reasons to push at this point. In this case, I am thinking there could be a lot of really good reasons for a fold. However, I just couldn't fold the hand. I am just not that good... it was too hard to give up the boat.

BTW I DON'T get how I would really be considered SHORT? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Unless you mean my height and welll that is just mean [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 10-30-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think some of you in you analysis of this hand seemed to disregard the relationship factor in the hand.

First off, the small reraise made me immediately think he is testing my bet. I know in other cases this means I want you to pay me off. BUT in this case he is a friend of mine so I took his mini raise to mean " Oh really... do you really have it?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you screwed up converting the hand, the only time he made a small reraise was when you checked the flop, the button bet 1/2 pot and he minraised. Once you checkraised two players, he set you all in, so your 'relationship factor' doesn't come into it at all.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:28 PM

Oops, I misread the stack sizes here. I looked at this comment in the OP:
[ QUOTE ]
Should I push this flop with my boat here before the turn or should I push it on the turn if he takes no interest?

[/ QUOTE ]
and just assumed that we had villain covered which is why I advocated a fold.

Looking back now, with only $45.50 remaining, I think we're committed. It's now much more plausible that villain's just pushing because we're short although if I were in his shoes, I would fold to the 3-bet with so little invested and only one overcard.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:33 PM

Yeah true he was mini raising the button not me. However, after he mini raised I reraised overtop the two of them which indicated I was extremely strong in the hand. So this presented a lot of concern on my part.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:37 PM

folding to the last raise would be really terrible, I think this is AK and two dif cards above a 9 as least as often as K8.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:29 PM

Your friend sucks.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your friend sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL agreed [at least in this case]. I thought "What against me? Come on now."

wanted to kick his a@@!