Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Buying a first home: Las Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should hold off buying for a few more years. I have a feeling vegas RE hasnt gone down nearly as far as it will.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

The prevailing sentiment on this board is that housing, particularly in Vegas, will continue to fall. I dont' know if thats true or not. But I disagree that waiting to buy is best because I believe that you dont' have to look at your primary residence as an investment. That is your house. Buy what you want. If you can afford it and you feel like it'll improve your quality of life, by all means, by it. I wouldn't wait to buy on some vague notion that the market MIGHT fall farther in 2 years. IMO, that is a completely RIDICULOUS way to think. Clearly you want to buy a house. So buy one.

If you have 20% to put down and a 740 credit score (which is excellent), then you'll get a loan. The only difference is that you MIGHT have to pay a bit higher of an interest rate for a NO DOC loan. NO DOC loans are loans where the bank doesn't ask for income verification. But even now banks are dying to write high quality paper, which you are, so don't fret. You shouldn't have a hard time finding financing.