Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 AM

Default [x] Grimstarred Grimstar... sorta

So, I havn't played on pokerstars seriously for about a year, taking advantage of the softer non-US sites (Mostly MSNL... 400 and 600 NL). But, since the WCOOP is coming up, I figure'd it be nice to have a bit of a roll on there so I could donate some money to the donkament community. I, like many others, hate depositing, so I take me 343.54 cents I have in my account for random tournaments and follow strict bankroll management, and hit up the 200NL tables. Things went well:

So anyway, things are going good... and I've built up a roll to play at least a decent amount of the events and I'm satisfied... ready to move back to my regular sites and grind out some 600NL. But then, there I see it... the SOFTEST 5K NL game in the history of online poker. It was a nobrainer, and I decide to bring the [x]entire roll to the table.

So, after playing Grimstarr heads up for 11 hands, I'm naturally already dominating and built my stack up to 4K+. Then, I continue to outplay that lil bastard:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $50 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Grimstarr ($5000)
studgear ($4148)

Preflop: studgear is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">studgear raises to $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Grimstarr raises to $450</font>, studgear calls $300.

Flop: ($900) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Grimstarr bets $900</font>, studgear calls $900.

Turn: ($2700) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Grimstarr bets $3650 (All-In)</font>, studgear calls $2798 (All-In).

River: ($8296) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $8296

I was really shocked to see him turn up A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as I was 100% sure I was up against AQo.

I scooped the handhistory from Pokertracker, so it doesnt have the chat, and even though it isn't entirely accurate it felt pretty damn good typing "LOLgrimstarred" and insta-leaving.

So, the final tally looked something like this:

And yes, its a bit redundant, but how nice does this feel to have in my poker tracker records:

So, with my new found level of ballerness I bought some stuff today:

and

To all you grim-lovers... flame away. To everyone else, you're welcome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]