Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: not so sexy

[ QUOTE ]

I check raise the turn almost every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big mistake. If you're going to c/r, the river is the street to do it.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:32 AM

c/r'ing turn is bad...

i like the river c/r cause a missed flush may take a stab while most A's will bet most of the time from this type of opponent... but going for a c/r means you probably should fold to a 3bet though you may see an overplayed AK/AQ sometimes.. but he's probably not 3-bet bluffing and more than likely he has something like quads or at least trips...
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think with this board villain won't call your check-raise very often unless he has you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of shocked by this, I don't think an ace folds to the c/r like ever. if that's not the case this is a super easy c/r with KK?

[ QUOTE ]

I check raise the turn almost every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

the turn c/r is good online because people will stab at a lot of hands and no one checks a pair online (in my spot). live players will check kings here in my spot all the time with the intention of showing down so when I check the turn this pot doesn't look stealable at all. I do get to own a bad ace but flush draws and pairs are checking behind all the time.

I dunno I played a ton of hours last weekend and spent a lot of time thinking about my image. I'm starting to play a LOT of hours with the same people all the time and they're not geniuses but they know that A2 is the nuts when I check the river in this spot, and that seems like a problem isn't it? am I supposed to start check/folding kings here?

so yeah anyways results: he did 3bet and I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. I figured because I played the river weird I couldn't really trust him and got shown the nuts.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 PM

I don't want to hi-jack this too much but milesdyson could you provide your reasons for trying a turn c/r so often?

Let's consider the scenarios:

If the button has an Ace, wouldn't he bet it when checked to every time? If so we're charging a dominated hand money

If the button has PP he MIGHT bet but most likely checks, we bet river and he's far more inclined to call the river than he would be to call the turn (do enough people call the flop with pocket pairs in this spot I am not sure)

If the button has a flush draw we've made a pretty considerable mistake.

So do the times that flush draw gets a free card worth the extra potential bet we get out of Ax and sometimes PP? Any math people here?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:01 PM

66? lol, wow. I guess that makes sense too.

Yeah I said in my previous post that hardly anyone would fold to a checkraise here on the river if they had a worse ace. Even a good player. A bad player wants to see your cards. A good player knows how easily they can be exploited by another good player if they fold to a river checkraise frequently.

Note; A good player would probably never be in this situation very often if ever (cold calling an UTG raise from a good player with a worse ace than AK) but I think you get what I mean.