Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Backing out of a deal in exchange for money is..
OK 68 86.08%
A scumbag move 7 8.86%
Results plz 4 5.06%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: B,B, or V?: lilholdem interview!

[ QUOTE ]

snapcall the bloodtime, risetimelimelinewine.

gg. digitalblasphemy obv. think i'll do a feline next.

GL y'all.

[/ QUOTE ]

if one of ya ballas can work up TheWorstHand, that'd be aight. guy's gotten sick deep and is really doing well with a lot of stuff lately. been to t-stone, etc. ship it thru, i'll be on aim once in awhile.

obv gotta [censored] some of this. future jacks. i'll recast the features, nawdoubt.

</endtrans> pinktemporals. wake the gosts of somme and plunkett 'em.

spacejam the court to court, lebron. dnacodin' incoming and, yeah, we've expanded mostly along the orion arm, it's the 62nd century, 6188 terran. we've got about 4.8-5.6 mil civilizations. peace, pax within chocolate milk, for we will be well within peace and love.

ship the Immorta'ls Refane. temporal latin.

rejack the arenas, it's fine within the 21st century. for now.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] gn gl shippage, keep it on a speedgreengage.

sup timex, you drolltroll. gl bro.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
damn, didn't know ak87 was ranked. i'd probably veto him for sure.

I would fairly happily accept BK, AJ, AB, SW from that list. Although some of them are nits, and I HATE playing nits hu (seriously is my weakness- but I could find a way to combat them with my own nittiness).

I would probably shy away from mr smokey, not sure if I would veto munk or not, would have to see if I had 7 better or not, and definitely veto menlo and imp.

Man, you really must not know my qualifications or whatever.

ari? jesus i'm so embarrassed.

[/ QUOTE ] don't be.

dude, i've done some pretty difficult stuff. if there's anything i know, it's degeneracy and gamblin'.

couldn't stop, really. didn't see a point until i found 2p2.

they keep asking harder questions which i have f-all problem solving.

just ship the grief thru. play your g-damned best, man.

we got a strong jack.

i kn ow it gets tiring at times, like wtfpoint, but... life does get sweeter the more effort you put in.

aight? fk what you were told, we'll run this temp differently. no more fear.

keep safe, y'all.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:55 AM

This site is full of such stupid close minded people its amazing. i cant believe to this day people soley judge people by how they dress or look. It is clear he is a good dude and is killing poker. His results speak for themselves, what more can you ask for. Seriously quit bashing someone who acts and dresses different than you, especially when you do not know them personally. F 2+2 such a hater forum full of people envious of others success.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is a big misunderstanding here on what the counterpoints of aejones, yeti, and myself have posted. I dont think any of us are saying he's a losing player. We are simply saying he isnt AS GOOD as people claim he is. I think you accidently backed us up when you said "the play in tournaments is much worse than in cash games." Yes, it is, thats why beating tournament fields doesn't automatically make you a great player. As for how much luck is involved, lets look at his actual results,

Total played for Stars,Party,Full Tilt, Paradise: 4150
Total estimated profit according to OPR: $1,026,585
(Note: these profit numbers tend to be higher than the truth as the sites that track them cannot keep an accurate record of the amount of rebuys bought in rebuy tourneys, therefore they typically use the average number of rebuys according to the prize pool)
Big Cashes:

Party Million - 3rd for $57561
Party Million - 1st for $210000
Full Tilt $535 - 1st for $212894

Total from big cashes: $480,455

Now, yes, it is painfully obvious that he is a winning player. But as far as being the best, or one of the best, that claim is based on something variance has a large part of. 46.8% of his total online winnings are from 3 cashes in tourneys with HUGE fields. Why does this matter? If 3, yes, 3 coinflips didnt work out his way, he's won half of what he has now and he's just another "good tourney donk." I could take this analysis further and probably prove that (this is a guess) 80% of his profit has come from <2 dozen cashes. I'm not saying any of this proves whether or not he's a good player, I'm saying that the pure nature and structure of tourneys causes variance to be a MAJOR factor in distinguishing the good players with a decent edge and the supposedly "great" players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care so much if some think he's the best online tourney player? (I don't know if anyone actually even said that in this thread)

Would you not agree that he is a good choice if you have to pick somebody?

3 coinflips, huh? I'll let you figure out why that statement is completely retarded.

"Well let's see...take away these few wins...change that 2nd place to a bubble finish...hmmmm....yep, lil' sucks guys, told you so."
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 AM

Some of my favorite wiggers:

Old 08-04-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Well let's see...take away these few wins...change that 2nd place to a bubble finish...hmmmm....yep, lil' sucks guys, told you so."

[/ QUOTE ]

You obv suck really really bad at reading:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying any of this proves whether or not he's a good player, I'm saying that the pure nature and structure of tourneys causes variance to be a MAJOR factor in distinguishing the good players with a decent edge and the supposedly "great" players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-04-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This site is full of such stupid close minded people its amazing. i cant believe to this day people soley judge people by how they dress or look. It is clear he is a good dude and is killing poker. His results speak for themselves, what more can you ask for. Seriously quit bashing someone who acts and dresses different than you, especially when you do not know them personally. F 2+2 such a hater forum full of people envious of others success.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG DASJDASKLJADSKLJDASLKASJLA THE PURE STUPIDITY OF THIS POINT SICKENS ME

A. WE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HIS CHARACTER, NOTHING, ZIP, NADA! WE SIMPLY SAID HE LOOKS AND DRESSES LIKE A DOUCHEBAG!! WTF is wrong with that??? Seriously. BBV mocks pictures of its own members all the time. What is it about this kid that makes all you [censored] lurkers come out to defend his ass? This is BBV, we make fun of people, we are sarcastic, we are rude, we are [censored], it has been this way forever, get over it or DONT [censored] READ IT.

B. Making fun of someone who dresses like a douche does not equal being jealous of him. Where the [censored] are you making this retarded connection??? If Chad wasnt a poker player and someone randomly posted his funny ass pic in BBV and we all made fun of him NONE OF YOU WOULD SAY [censored].
Old 08-04-2007, 01:38 AM

all

lilholdem has played 2000 tournies this year with close to 100% roi, and its variance, ivey has played abour 400 tourney in the last 5 yrs, posted some big scores, and he is the best tourney player in the world

you can see why poker is so profitable
Old 08-04-2007, 01:41 AM

LH spotted in 10/20 NLHE game....

Full Tilt Poker Game #3147344792: Table Supreme (6 max) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:28:43 ET - 2007/08/04
Seat 1: GDUPFTUP ($2,791)
Seat 2: superstar25 ($7,946)
Seat 3: Ze_do_Caixao ($2,000)
Seat 4: SamH133 ($2,126)
Seat 5: jse81 ($4,144.50)
Seat 6: jenn415 ($3,842.50)
GDUPFTUP posts the small blind of $10
superstar25 posts the big blind of $20
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Ze_do_Caixao folds
SamH133 folds
jse81 raises to $70
jenn415 folds
GDUPFTUP has 15 seconds left to act
GDUPFTUP raises to $250
superstar25 calls $230
jse81 calls $180
*** FLOP *** [8d 9d 3s]
GDUPFTUP bets $600
superstar25 has 15 seconds left to act
superstar25 calls $600
jse81 calls $600
*** TURN *** [8d 9d 3s] [Jc]
GDUPFTUP bets $1,941, and is all in
superstar25 folds
jse81 calls $1,941
GDUPFTUP shows [Kh Ks]
jse81 shows [Tc 7s]
*** RIVER *** [8d 9d 3s Jc] [3c]
GDUPFTUP shows two pair, Kings and Threes
jse81 shows a straight, Jack high
jse81 wins the pot ($6,429) with a straight, Jack high
GDUPFTUP is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $6,432 | Rake $3
Board: [8d 9d 3s Jc 3c]
Seat 1: GDUPFTUP (small blind) showed [Kh Ks] and lost with two pair, Kings and Threes
Seat 2: superstar25 (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 3: Ze_do_Caixao didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: SamH133 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: jse81 showed [Tc 7s] and won ($6,429) with a straight, Jack high
Seat 6: jenn415 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Old 08-04-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG DASJDASKLJADSKLJDASLKASJLA THE PURE STUPIDITY OF THIS POINT SICKENS ME

A. WE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HIS CHARACTER, NOTHING, ZIP, NADA! WE SIMPLY SAID HE LOOKS AND DRESSES LIKE A DOUCHEBAG!! WTF is wrong with that??? Seriously. BBV mocks pictures of its own members all the time. What is it about this kid that makes all you [censored] lurkers come out to defend his ass? This is BBV, we make fun of people, we are sarcastic, we are rude, we are [censored], it has been this way forever, get over it or DONT [censored] READ IT.

B. Making fun of someone who dresses like a douche does not equal being jealous of him. Where the [censored] are you making this retarded connection??? If Chad wasnt a poker player and someone randomly posted his funny ass pic in BBV and we all made fun of him NONE OF YOU WOULD SAY [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill dog.

You obviously haven't read the other posts in this thread. Good for you making fun of his appearance and not saying anything else retarded, but you can't speak for these other retards.