Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Was thinking about this one

No hand history. This happened a few days ago. Villain in this hand is ZngleDay. He's what many on here would call a 'lagtard'. He's really aggro in tons of spots. He's hard to play against when you aren't holding anything but if you've got the goods expect to make money.

4 handed.

He covers me...I have $230. He opens in first position to $8, I 3 bet AK spades to $26 on the button..both blinds fold and he calls (he calls a ridiculous amount of 3 bets)

Flop: 9s 6s 6c

He checks, I fire out $38, he calls

Turn: 4h

He checks,...

I think, given stack sizes he definitely 4bets QQ-AA..I'm not sure if he folds JJ or tens here or to a push, though I'm not certain

How often should I be turning it up here and betting again (in which case I'd have to call a push)

plans for a boring river...like 2 of hearts,3 of hearts,etc?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Was thinking about this one

he prob isn't folding turn if he didn't fold flop... so check and fold any river you don't hit
Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 AM

I'm firing here 100%. There's very few draws you can have and you probably haven't gotten out of line. I think he's making a huge error against your range if he calls here with TT/JJ.

I'd bet an amount that obviously commits me but also looks value-towny, something like $80.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 AM

he may be making an error against your range, but villain desc says he doesn't fold... why not take a free card?

plus there are many turns you can bluff
Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 AM

i'm with jigsaws here, i bet the turn. it's a paired board so he's less likely to have hit a set here.

a lot of villains here call one barrel (esp on a paired flop) with smaller pairs hoping you check behind the turn with your whiffed overs. bet the turn, hoping he folds his pair (he can def have 77,88,TT,JJ here) and usually still outs if he pushes.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he may be making an error against your range, but villain desc says he doesn't fold... why not take a free card?

plus there are many turns you can bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If he doesn't fold why not take a free card, since if hero makes a hand it may be paid off anyway
Old 07-23-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a limited sample on Zngel (<100), but he didn't strike me as the type to just never fold. I think he's paying attention and if he's paying attention he's going to know that FGators is very rarely out of line in this spot. He's going to know FG bets flop+checks turn a lot, so I think he's peeling the flop pretty light.

With what you say your image is I'd definitely support taking the free card, but I think that FG can double barrel here profitably.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:37 AM

I like taking the free card. You have a lot of outs to make your hand (possible 15), and it doesn't sound like the villian is folding in his arsenal. IMO, you could easily have the best hand. You are still likely to get paid off if you hit any of your outs against the lagtard. You also don't want to risk a c/r and commit your stack with a drawing hand.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:40 AM

how light is he calling here? many tag players will fold JJ if you shove here while other laggier tags will instacall with [censored] like 55 (frinkx or someone like that).
Old 07-23-2007, 11:42 AM

I think this is a pretty straight forward read play. If you believe he will fold a mid pocket pair, you bet/fold. If you do not believe he will fold, you check.

If you air mail the river, and he checks, check behind.