Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Live 1/2 NL - Super deep w/AK

I'm playing at Fallsview and cleaning up. Their 1/2 tables have a max buy-in of $100, and I'm sitting with around $600 behind. Another table breaks and some new players come over. One guy has close to $800 behind. First orbit with new players and I pick up AK. I raise to $12, he calls from the small blind, everyone else folds.

Flop is: AA6 rainbow. I bet the pot and he instacalls. Turn is a 10 and I pot again. He calls. River is an 8 and he pushes. Now I'm thinking that this is the last guy at the table I want to get this deep with. What's my play here? Is this actually a pretty easy fold?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2 NL - Super deep w/AK

As played and described, fold.

In this spot you should really be trying to get any kind of information about this player from him and the other players he moved over with. Use general poker player stereotypes regarding dress/race/age to build some kind of profile. Also look to the other players that were at his table before. Do they raise their eyebrows or look surprised at the move he just made? Did they sit back and chuckle as if to say "Oh yeah, there he goes again"? These are the kinds of things you should be looking for when you have zero knowledge of play style and betting patterns.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Fold.

Knowing that it's fallview you might have him beat but I think you're toast more often than not and it's not worth dumping your remaining 250+bb to try and pick off a bluff or weaker ace donk move. Your play up to the river clearly says "I have a strong ace" so theres no reason to think he doesn't believe your hand and pushed anyway. Bold bluff if it was one.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:30 PM

He should have check raised you.....fold.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:40 PM

I make it roughly 225 in the pot and like 485 to call. This guy definately thinks hes good and wants a call. all you beat is AQ if he is retarded I persobally think he has a boat here pretty much always and its defo not worth calling the overbet mate (I would be seriously pissed about foldign this though)