Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Wtf Am I Doing Here? Making a Stand Preflop Versus Constant 3 Bet

I almost didn't respond to this because its clearly a tilt play that caused you to write a tilt post and its really not a very interesting hand.

As someone said if you are constantly being 3bet then you should tighten up and only raise hands that you are willing to play super aggro in position. It really is that simple. Your trying to justify a play that is the definition of tilt and you could of answered this post yourself.

Now the most important part. If there is a table that you are not capable of beating just move to one you can beat and stop being stubborn. Learn to play superaggro opponents and think about the strategy you should use against them and then when you can do that you won't have to move because you can exploit it and it will be very profitable but still subject to very high variance
Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Wtf Am I Doing Here? Making a Stand Preflop Versus Constant 3 Bettor

Four betting here is perfectly fine against a constant three bettor. You need to make it larger though. As played with the tiny four bet, you either need to six bet shove and pray for a fold or fold preflop to the five bet.

When a guy is three betting every one of your opens, it's perfectly fine to repop him with hands like this. They fare pretty well vs a lot of big card combos and mid-small pairs if you end up having to take a flop.

You're sending a message that:
a. he's not going to run you over.
b. three betting wars with you is going to be a high variance game.

If he's been bombing you as hard as you say, he's obv not going to have JJ here every time.

When you make a play at someone and run into the higher end of their range, that doesn't mean that the play was a bad one. (though, your execution was a little rough with the bet sizing and call of the five bet).
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Wtf Am I Doing Here? Making a Stand Preflop Versus Constant 3 Bettor

Had he been 5betting your utg raises?

I'd give an OOP 5bet a lot of credit until proven otherwise.

Flop fold is not even a question.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 AM

I give up to the 5B PF. You made your r/r too small, and him 5B you only shows strength. It's a fine move, just bad timing. I wouldn't be comfortable shoving on any pair on the flop after that. You're basically looking for a huge flop.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:15 AM

If you want to invest 93 BB in this hand with air I'd rather call his 3bet and raise his cbet on any flop.

That's how I prefer to tilt off my hard-earned moneys against frequent 3-bettors, I think it has more FE when he misses the flop or overcards fall to his PP.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:29 AM

This thread should be stickied in the FAQ as why LAG play is profitable.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 PM

Ok I know I completely jackassed this hand up but can I have some advice on how to combat this serious lag style from the BB. Villain had constantly been squeezing from the BB and constantly reraising my raises from every position.
Add in the following hand that I had just seen him play then I figured he was at it.

Cryptologic - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $283.40
BB: $262.70
UTG: $209.70
MP: $527.55
CO: $203.15
BTN: $743.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, <font color="red">MP raises to $10.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $10.00, 2 folds, UTG calls $8.00

Flop: ($33) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">MP bets $20.00</font>, BTN calls $20.00, UTG folds

Turn: ($73) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $68.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $138.00</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $300.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $713.05</font>, MP calls all-in for $197.55
Uncalled bet of $215.50 returned to BTN
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to MP

River: ($1068.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $1,068.10 ($3 Rake)

BTN had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Two Pairs, Queens and Tens, Eight high) and WON (+$537.55)
MP had T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (A Pair of Tens, Ace high) and LOST (-$527.55)
Old 07-23-2007, 02:57 PM

This shows you his range and what he is capable of. Villain is SB.

Cryptologic - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $436.80
BB: $200.00
Hero (BTN): $308.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $26.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $76.00</font>, BB calls $50.00

Flop: ($152) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $130.00</font>, BB calls all-in for $124.00
Uncalled bet of $6.00 returned to SB

Turn: ($400) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($400) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $400.00 ($2 Rake)

BB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Three of a kind, Eights, Ace high) and WON (+$198.00)
SB had 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (High Card Ace) and LOST (-$200.00)