Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 11:01 PM

Default 3 ptbb/100 @ 100NL Fulltilt

I have recently started playing 6 tables of 6max 100NL on fulltilt and would like to know if people think that 3ptbb/100 is achievable playing a straightforward tight aggressive style of play or do you think that you have to get creative to achieve this winrate over the long term. I have only played 16000 hands this month of 6max with my ptbb swinging between -2 and +7 even after 5000 hands and settling at 1 at the moment. I currently have stats of 19 VPIP% and 14 PFR%. Obviuosly I need to improve my game but the ptbb variance seems crazy at the moment, I assume that it will settle down once I get to 50k hands or so. I guess I hope I have just been running bad over these 16k hands and hopefully it will turn around, Since starting to play 6 tables I am trying to play a fairly straightforward game and trying not to run big bluffs very often.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: 3 ptbb/100 @ 100NL Fulltilt

you can definitely win at that rate or much higher playing a pretty straightforward TAGGy game, but you are going to earn most of your money with the skill level of your postflop play, so my suggestion to you would be to become active in posting hands that you are unsure of and responding to other posts in the forum to see if your logic and thought process' about hands are solid.

a decent sample size to start looking at your winrate for yourself in a particular game is something like 100k hands, and even then your winrate is always changing.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: 3 ptbb/100 @ 100NL Fulltilt

Ok

Thanks for that, after I posted the message the guy message appeared who ran at 5.0i8 ptbb over 112k hands with similar stats to me so I will keep going and see what happens. You are right though most of the differences are from the post flop play.