Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October PART DEUX

[ QUOTE ]
Kimo - when did you change your avatar - used to be the highlight of my day...

[/ QUOTE ]

changed it for the highlight of my life...ok I will change it soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For a guy who is 35/26 and attempts to steal 48.2% of the time over a large sample (2500 hands), are you 3betting him light all day?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would, because these guys generally will try to call 3bets and stack you pretty light which mean in reality that they stack off pretty light in 3bet pot, just be aware of that and its free money. I would also goes as far as to thinking that players with those stats at 50NL are not that good but thats just me.

Also for example if you 3bet with 67 against a guy like this and flop goes 26K, be rdy to B3BAI on this flop or dont 3-bet light those LAG players.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kimo - when did you change your avatar - used to be the highlight of my day...

[/ QUOTE ]

changed it for the highlight of my life...ok I will change it soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

here you go, what say you?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 AM

Sounds like that could add some crazy variance to your game. Also sounds pretty solid, IMO.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oddly enough, he only cbets 48% of the time. Pretty easy to read him, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

LAG ppl often check behind with good showdown hands too

ppl just c-bet in general too much

also, I kind of agree that a 36/26 prolly isn't really great player
Old 10-26-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also for example if you 3bet with 67 against a guy like this and flop goes 26K, be rdy to B3BAI on this flop or dont 3-bet light those LAG players.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree completely. each player is different than another and to generalize them as 'those LAG players' b/c of the pf stats and assume they are all doing the same thing postflop is bad. theres only 2 MTing regulars ive seen at nl50 with 35+/26+/40+(ATS)* so they aren't very common but thinking they all play the same postflop is definitely a leak.

*ive only played like 30k hands at nl50 within the last month so there may be more but i only have two with over 400 hands on them.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree completely. each player is different than another and to generalize them as 'those LAG players' b/c of the pf stats and assume they are all doing the same thing postflop is bad. theres only 2 MTing regulars ive seen at nl50 with 35+/26+/40+(ATS)* so they aren't very common but thinking they all play the same postflop is definitely a leak.

*ive only played like 30k hands at nl50 within the last month so there may be more but i only have two with over 400 hands on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont 3-bet light those players then because they love to make moves in 3bet pots, they play so much more of them than us that you have to take stands against them, and if they see you doing this with 67 on a 26K board, they will let you alone and bash on other bad tags.

OH AND WHERE DID I SAY THEY PLAY THE SAME ON THAT EXAMPLE?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like that could add some crazy variance to your game. Also sounds pretty solid, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i get that from my 100NL experience. If you cant shove with air in 3bet pots, you are not in good shape to make 5ptbb/100 hands. Which I think is obtainable even if poeple says its not with datamines and etc...

Old 10-26-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont 3-bet light those players then because they love to make moves in 3bet pots, they play so much more of them than us that you have to take stands against them, and if they see you doing this with 67 on a 26K board, they will let you alone and bash on other bad tags.

OH AND WHERE DID I SAY THEY PLAY THE SAME ON THAT EXAMPLE?

[/ QUOTE ]

TYPING IN CAPS SURE IS FUN, SHOULD I BOLD IT FOR YOU?

26K, be rdy to B3BAI on this flop or dont 3-bet light those LAG players. <== IMPLYING THAT THOSE LAG PLAYERS ALL PLAY THE SAME IN 3BET POTS BY MAKING MOVES WITH AIR.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:42 AM

dude, we get it. you're taking someone's general statement and saying that it's not always applicable.

some real scholarly stuff there.
Closed Thread