Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Q9o
Raise 10 26.32%
Call 6 15.79%
Fold 22 57.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: SMP Ring Game

Ok, If I win you have to defend to your best effort the positions that skidoo, or propertarian makes within the next week your choice. What do you want if you win?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rduke, this is going to be off-topic for this forum, but moving it is useless, so if you must, just close it.

I'm very curious as to whether we actually have any good poker players in this forum. I'm much more curious to see how much fun and hilarity would ensure from a SMP game. I think its doable, but the question is, who would you all want to have seats?

We would have to agree on modest stakes, I think, although I honestly have no idea what levels you guys all play at. I think this would be a great time. My tentative list, assuming I'm giving myself a seat in this juicy, juicy game:

Me
Madnak
Boro
Skidoo/Sharkey
Chezlaw
Bluff (only cause I know he is an omaha donk and there is no WAY we are playing omaha)
NR
RDuke
And obviously DS, although I doubt he'd play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turbo NLHE tourney 5 minute blinds or I'll fall asleep.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:39 PM

a weekly sng would be better

ray
Old 01-03-2007, 12:20 AM

I don't expect this thing if it goes, to revolve around me, but I am only willing to do this if it is on Absolute and in a big bet cash game format (pl or nl HE or Omaha High). And I will play up to 1K buyins, 6-max or FR. The reasons for me saying Absolute is that I have never had an account there and know they have private games, and because there is no way after taking scrupulous care in these forums not to divulge my online screen names that I am doing so via this thing for one of the sites where I play seriously. Any other very small site that takes americans would also be OK (however Tribeca/Tain will be giving us yanks the boot soon), although as I said I'm not up for limit poker, nor tournaments, though a very occasional donkament might be OK when we play cash games the rest of the time.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:22 AM

I'd never move this - it's on topic and I don't know why we didn't think of it earlier.

I'll play as long as my schedule permits it (new baby and new science are taking up too much of my vice time).
Hold'em talk surprises me, I assumed we're stud and omaha players.

I like limit anything in ring.

I also like the idea of a tourney. That way we could crown a champ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My vote's for HORSE.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:25 AM

please let me do HU NL hold'em vs NotReady or BluffThis. Any of the others might have the best of it vs me, but not those 2.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:27 AM

I'd play PL stud I guess, though I swore I'd never play stud again unless that was all that was spread. However PLO would be a good game because it's clear to me that most of these guys need to get lucky to win in poker and PLO is where they can do that in the short to mid-term before ultimately going busto [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Edited to add: one other thing if the game does turn out to be big bet is I'm not playing with a bunch of short stackers. Full buyins only.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
please let me do HU NL hold'em vs NotReady or BluffThis. Any of the others might have the best of it vs me, but not those 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're making a huge mistake.

And, well, I'm out. Have fun guys.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd play PL stud I guess, though I swore I'd never play stud again unless that was all that was spread. However PLO would be a good game because it's clear to me that most of these guys need to get lucky to win in poker and PLO is where they can do that in the short to mid-term before ultimately going busto [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Edited to add: one other thing if the game does turn out to be big bet is I'm not playing with a bunch of short stackers. Full buyins only.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the spirit of the thing.

It should be low stakes (probably far too low for you Bluff) so we can include people that want to play. It's vhawk's baby but I think it's more important to get people together and have some fun.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:43 AM

Rduke,

I'll play low stakes to donk around and have fun, but really aren't up to doing so in limit poker. Didn't you know limit is dead and that NL spat on its grave some time ago?