Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 10/24

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. Fish don't join waitlists. They see open tables and join them. If there is a guy sitting out but no waitlist, it's ruining my potential action because they'd rather find an open table than get on a waitlist.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only a certain amount of solid players on the site at one time. If the guy sitting out is solid then you're playing 5 handed with the fish (I'm assuming there's some reason you're at the table) and be happy. If he's a fish then wait for him to come back. If the table is bad then find another.

I've seen tables with 3 or 4 people sitting out, and it's a little annoying, but whatever just leave.

Edited to add that there's nothing worse than when a huge fish sits out and gets booted.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CMAR, u prolly noticed this, but in the last set of Q&A's, doug asked users without RB and who play elsewhere to pm him to form a list (petition i guess) to see if full tilt might be willing to budge seeing how many people are affected by this

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I PM'ed him back then. Just trying to keep it on the agenda. Particularly with the table increase.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:46 PM

FTPDoug,

What about what happended the other night (sunday) when the server crashed for American players? What is FTP going to do in regards to players who got screwed out of the tournaments they were playing? Compensation?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are only a certain amount of solid players on the site at one time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And now they can sit at even more tables!

[ QUOTE ]
If the guy sitting out is solid then you're playing 5 handed with the fish (I'm assuming there's some reason you're at the table) and be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or I could be sitting 6 handed with 2 fish instead of 5 handed with 1.

[ QUOTE ]
If he's a fish then wait for him to come back. If the table is bad then find another. Edited to add that there's nothing worse than when a huge fish sits out and gets booted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem waiting for fish to come back, but the most common reason I see that a fish leaves for more than a few seconds is because he has no more money and wants to take up a seat out of spite.

There is absolutely no reason that there should be players taking up a seat on 12+ tables and not playing for any longer than the 2 minutes it takes to go take a piss.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just save them in the same place as the hand histories?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the tournament summaries don't get written until after the tournament is over so this would be difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why it would be difficult.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is absolutely no reason that there should be players taking up a seat on 12+ tables and not playing for any longer than the 2 minutes it takes to go take a piss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever played on a site that kicks you off the table after 2 minutes? MG does this, and it's infuriating.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Have you ever played on a site that kicks you off the table after 2 minutes? MG does this, and it's infuriating.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one thing to sit out on 1 or 2 tables for a few minutes. I have no problem with this. It's when you're sitting out for 15 minutes on 12 [censored] tables when I start to get irritated. There are a few guys at 50 and 100nl on FTP that I see doing this almost nightly.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see why it would be difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would require the software to remember which tournaments you have played and then write the summary when the tournament ends up to 6 hours later. Then how do you deal with people who close out FTP before the tournament ends?

It's pretty complicated, and the solutions that I'm seeing are all memory intensive on either server or client side.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's one thing to sit out on 1 or 2 tables for a few minutes. I have no problem with this. It's when you're sitting out for 15 minutes on 12 [censored] tables when I start to get irritated. There are a few guys at 50 and 100nl on FTP that I see doing this almost nightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can see how this would be annoying. I'm wondering if there is some middle ground. Perhaps changing the booting time if you're playing 9+ tables?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
13. Bigger buy-in LIMIT holdem MTT's.

- We used to have a $100+$9 weekly limit hold'em tournament, it didn't do very well. I'll see about maybe finding a good spot for a $69+$6.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, the $109 only had two or three tables. As for a $69+$6, i vote for any evening except Tuesday or Saturday. Weekend afternoons are fine, too. Given that i entered the majority of the $109s and intend on entering a hypothetical $75, i think my vote should count extra.

Making the daily 19:15 $3K Guaranteed Limit Hold'em MTT have a slower starting blind structure is a fine idea.

Otherwise, keyboard shortcuts without third-party software would be swell. I'll reiterate the request for "Sit Out Next Blind" option for Speed tables.