Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL/SSNL Coaching Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys. On my flight to CA yesterday I did some thinking. (and reading, read "Blink, the power to think without thinking", which I highly recommend) and I had an idea for coaching. Figured I'd ask it here, since, well, I'll let you guys decide.

I was thinking about introducing a new program for my coaching. Currently I coach online using either skype or aim (sometimes both) and caution the client against doing more then ~2 a week, since it's important to absorb (and put theory into practice) the lecture material.

Would there be any interest in say a "3-day workshop," where you fly to Boston, stay with me (i'm trying to write this in the least gay way possible) for 3days/2nights, where I squeeze my entire program (14hrs of coaching), plus offer a few more things? (I have a ton of ideas of how certain non poker related games and strategies help poker... ie. Minesweeper, Chess, and certain books) Figured that would enable me to live sweat as well, answer all Qs THERE, and in general just be "the best possible coach". I figured I'd include a few things, like a copy of my book etc. so that the client would have that upon leaving (to refer to just in case)

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too poor to do this anytime soon, but I think it's a great idea. I'm sure you'd get enough to make it worth it for both yourself and students if you were to offer it. Heck, I'd probably be all over it if I wasn't a poor college student that barely has a bankroll for micros [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

P.S. Malcolm Gladwell is a great writer
Old 10-15-2007, 03:58 PM

Any new or aspiring coaches out there need a guinea-pig to try their coaching skills on?

I'm a 50NL struggler (marginal winner) looking to make the 50 > 100 jump that so many players seem to have trouble with. Decent fundamentals, but just confused about too many things. That Clayton-FGators thread is me basically. Have played a LOT of hands at 50NL.

Some payment would be fine.

Cheers.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 PM

(troll elsewhere) (and tthric) (and there's now a dedicated coaching forum)
Old 10-15-2007, 04:21 PM

damn.
fgators, i just read ur post and was hoping the bottom was edited by AJMargarine. would have been a lot more funny that way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-15-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hating on tufat is dumb. He has taken time to discuss hands with me before in person and over AIM/MSN and he is very good at explaining concepts. Though I've never had an offical coaching session from him I'm sure he is an excellent coach and could benefit SSNLers and MSNLers games greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Dont know much about any of the other guys though I can imagine mdma/krantz/dj/jfish/bobbo(im looking into taking his course myself) all being vry gd from their posts.

edit: I'd def reccomend carrot an clayton to ssnl guys to.
Closed Thread