Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2007, 09:03 PM

Default AdT vs 3b

even though i am ~tight utg (17/17 maybe), people still 3bet me with KQo, ATo, and 55 on the button. even 24/15 guys (pahud induced 3-bets). this guy is no exception.

so i raise A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] utg.

he 3-bets on the button. he's 26/16/2 and i don't have notes on him after 400 hands. i have seen him post on other poker sites, though. when i have no notes after that many hands it means i haven't seen him do something that pissed me off. things that anger me include bluff/semibluff turn raises with clearly no chance of folding the other guy, and also incredible calldowns of bets on all streets after flop checkraises with 66 on AJ2r8T (yes his hand was good).

anyway, i call, and flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (heads up)

i check call because i have backdoor outs and he probably has 88 lol.

turn is an A. i forgot suit but not a heart so it did not put up a second flush draw.

i check because i think a donkbet can actually maybe fold <JJ and i think he'll bet a lot of his range on this card because he

1. thinks i could fold a better hand (say 77).
2. thinks i called flop with a gutshot and am now folding.

so i check, he bets.

now i think i'll make more cashmoney on the river if i raise here intead of allowing myself to be valuetowned by all better hands. i doubt he bets many worse hands on he river if i just c/c, in other words. before i raise i do some quick thinking - basically planning on how to react to any more action. i really feel like he can't 3-bet me with with anything but A9+ and MAYBE AK. i DID NOT give off any timing tells, though, so don't assume i waited long in this decision.

so i raised in a normal amount of time. and given my thoughts about "any more action," i folded when he 3-bet me.