Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: What is Poker Tracker Missing? / What new software is needed.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't think PT can do this, but it would be nice if you could make notes on a player in PT, and then export those notes to you poker client.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be realyl cool

[/ QUOTE ]

It can do this.

Look under tools in PT. Import/export player notes. I use it mainly the other way, to load player notes into PT so I can see my on-site comments along with the hands.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:33 AM

Would like opinion on what view people like better for stats by cards. First screen is Won $ at Show Down by Cards

You will see there is a percent, handcount and occurrence column. Handcount is shwoing the number of times the player got to SD with these cards. Occurrence shows the actual number of times that the player won with those hands.

The second screen shot shows the same page but this time only showing the hands that the player actually Won at Show Down.

The question is which screen do you like better. Also remember this would apply to other screens such as PFR, W$WFS and so on.

The 3rd screen shot is showing how you can select a game in the application and then get the code through the app to post 2+2 or other forumns.

Thanks

The following is the code from that posting window.

2+2
LHE All
Limit: 0.5000/1.0000
8 Players

Preflop: (8 Players)
Blind with , Blind with , UG Fold with , Call with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], <font color="=#FFFF0000">NA Raises</font> with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], HJ Fold with , Call with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BU Fold with , Call with , BB Fold with , Call with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Check, Check, <font color="=#FFFF0000">NA Bets</font>, Call, Call, Call

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Check, Check, <font color="=#FFFF0000">NA Bets</font>, CO Fold , Call, <font color="=#FFFF0000">NA Raises</font>, <font color="=#FFFF0000">NA Raises</font>, Call, Call

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Check, <font color="=#FFFF0000">NA Bets</font>, Call, SB Fold
Old 03-26-2007, 08:20 AM

Looks good. My suggestions are for the forum hand converter.
Limit: 0.5000/1.0000 should be Limit: 0.50/1.00.
Only show the hero's hand in the preflop. Then you don't have to worry about getting " Blind with , Blind with , UG Fold with ...". Also it is usually better to analyze the hand with out being able to know what the results are right away.
Name the middle positions because "NA Raises, NA Raises," is confusing.
Not listing the position when someone checks or calls could get confusing if there are a lot of calls or checks in a row.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 AM

That green is too bright for my eyes (perhaps something more like <font color="green">this</font> is better).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2007, 11:27 AM

Sounds good Irish I will make those changes. Also Jukofyork those colors are customizable so your eyes should be able to handle a different color if needed Any comments on Which of the 2 screen shots you like better?
Old 03-26-2007, 01:00 PM

The one that only shows hands that went to showdown, however in that one, you did leave out the win % of each of the hands that reached showdown.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:54 AM

Ok see if these look correct.

W$SD

WtSD

Also I will make the changes you sugested to the posting code.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:12 PM

I still have a little confusion when it comes to listing the actions of a game to others. Specifically the OTB +1,2 etc.. As the rounds progress and people drop from the hand do their positions change? For instance: OTB +1 folds preflop OTB+2 calls. On the next round, would OTB+2 become OTB+1 because the original OTB+1 folded? When it comes to how a position would play I’d assume it the number of people in a hand, but when it comes to articulating that hand for others, I’m just not sure.

Also would you like to see OTB + 1 or CO and would you rather see OTB + 2 or CO.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2007, 03:19 PM

WtSD by Position is missing the win percentage. It's on the other three, I don't know how it didn't make it there.

No matter how many people are presently in the hand, your position is always the same as when the cards were dealt. A hand history would look very confusing if it said:
Flop
SB check, BB bets, CO folds, OTB calls, SB folds
Turn
SB bets, BB calls

It should stay
Flop
SB check, BB bets, CO folds, OTB calls, SB folds
Turn
BB bets, OTB calls

It doesn't really matter what the names are, as long as it is clear what you are talking about. I'd most likely go with SB, BB, UTG, UTG+1, MP, MP+1, HJ, CO, OTB if it's nine handed. And then start removing the MP's as there are less people.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:26 PM

So you want to see a percentage of how often you went to SD with those cards or in that position?

Thanks for your suggestions on positon names. I agree that those seem to make the most sense.