Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul quotation - Is it a hoax?

I don't agree with his article or his view on this issue, but whoever says that they're no longer supporting him over that one sentence probably wasn't a supporter to begin with. You're rarely going to agree with a candidate on everything so you've gotta take the good with the bad. Ron Paul's good outweighs his bad by leaps and bounds, imo.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're rarely going to agree with a candidate on everything so you've gotta take the good with the bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once read somewhere the lesser of two evils is still evil something something voting jackbooted thuggery something something purple monkey dishwasher.

Can't quite remember from who or when, but I feel like it's been a long time since I've heard it around here. Seems to be an interesting inverse correlation between shrill cries of "the lesser of two evils is still evil something something voting jackbooted thuggery something something purple monkey dishwasher" and Ron Paul avatars on this forum, though.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I wouldn't have used the word "replete", both documents explicitly mention God, so you all sound pretty silly.

Also, LOL at taking a fraction of one sentence, written by a man who has written hundreds of thousands of words on the subject, and bunching your panties up over it.

If I slipped up my turns of phrase in my written prose as little as Dr. Paul does I would count myself as a world class wordsmith.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying this was just a slip up and that Paul doesn't actually believe the words? Do you have any evidence to support that?

[ QUOTE ]

If you're going to get all hysterical, at least make fun of the way he speaks. He's a terrible orator; he gets so excited about the topic that he trips over his words, uses the wrong words, leaves out entire words, etc. Yet still the message resonates.

Too bad for the haters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why disagree with the presentation when you can disagree with content?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're rarely going to agree with a candidate on everything so you've gotta take the good with the bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once read somewhere the lesser of two evils is still evil something something voting jackbooted thuggery something something purple monkey dishwasher.

Can't quite remember from who or when, but I feel like it's been a long time since I've heard it around here. Seems to be an interesting inverse correlation between shrill cries of "the lesser of two evils is still evil something something voting jackbooted thuggery something something purple monkey dishwasher" and Ron Paul avatars on this forum, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I hate it when I agree with Dvault.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Yeah, right. Because the 'elitist left' is far more powerful than the extremist elitist fundamentalist Christian lobby."

Uhhhh...yes, it is. Both poles have plenyt of money to throw at politicians, but between the ACLU and the liberal bent of most courts and their willingness to legislate from the bench, the extreme left is far more powerful than the extreme right.

[/ QUOTE ]

f4nny h6w y64 def5ne e35t5st 3eft.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 PM

mmmmm sweet sweet jealousy
Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and what does this have to do with anything? Someone being wrong about a few things doesn't make them a lesser evil, it's when two candidates are wrong about almost everything that picking one is picking the lesser evil and pretty pointless.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hate being wrong too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hate being wrong too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Before this thread gets too hijacked about voting for the lesser of two evils -- which I concede I started -- can we get back to laughing at Paul's O'Reilly-esque column about liberals stealing Christmas and this mythological Constitution that's apparently replete with God references?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 PM

So, wow, amazing to see haters jump all over Paul for one minor misstatement. Yes, the Constitution isn't replete with references to God, but the writings of the Founders in general are. His point in that article is that the people who created this country were very much God-fearing types, and he's completely correct. He's also completely correct that our society has run amok with anti-Christianness. Mind you, as a non-Christian, I prefer it to the days where in some states you had to be a member of the state religion to vote (this after the Constitution went into effect), but that doesn't mean that people aren't being ridiculous and silly when they jump on any possible reference to God in local governments or things run by local governments. People cannot realistically go through life hiding their religion, and they shouldn't have to because that's persecution.