Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2

really underwhelming ep.

did anyone else think the 'i swear jason is gonna die if he goes through with this' line came out of nowhere? i just figured tim hates to see him get his hopes up when it likely wont work, but i dont see how injecting some blood or whatever is gonna kill him. great cleavage shot on that scene, though.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:19 PM

By chance I happened to catch this for the first time on Friday night, as I was staying in (and then saw a really terrible episode of "Las Vegas" after that, but because Vanessa Marcil is on I can't stop watching).

Is this worth continuing to watch or is it already on the decline? I don't know any of the backstories but was stressed out by the parents trying to teach that kid to drive, and also the whole coach drama. Also, the thing at the end about how the kid was trying to kill himself seemed pretty contrived and weak.

Obligatory Marcil pic follows. By the way, in that show she seemed to have a really ridiculous tramp stamp but I don't see it in online pics. Why would a show give her a tramp stamp? Weird.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:21 PM

optimism tells me it was merely a filler episode
Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 PM

tuq,

Buy S1. It's cheap.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:17 AM

KYLE CHANDLER = WIN.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:28 AM

At the end of the episode when Lyla randomly kisses Jason AND Riggins...

wtf

also, is anyone sick of Riggins calling Jason "six" 20 times per episode?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:42 AM

I thought this was by far the best episode of this season so far. I loved Matt deciding not to be a chump and telling off Julie. I liked that Mr. and Mrs. Coach were back to being the cool happily married couple they were last season. And I thought the scene where Jason jumped off the boat was very powerful and well acted by all 3.

I'm still not understanding why Tyra and Landry wouldn't just tell his dad that the rapist was attacking Tyra, and Landry killed the guy by accident trying to protect her. That's pretty much what happened. Anyway I like their relationship but Landry just dumping the guy in the river seems way out of character for him. I'm guessing he comes clean to his father next week.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:49 AM

The whole Landry being the hero thing was kinda cheesy, but all in all it was a solid episode imo.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:41 AM

Matt Saracen ruled that episode so hard.

I also think it is freaking hilarious that two of the most popular people in the school at the end of that episode are Matt and Landry.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:54 PM

tuq - its worth it if you like cheesy but well acted and produced tv, imo. also if you like feeling nostalgic.

loved that matt and landry were the heroes. very lol considering where they both were last season. also, pretty much ran around the room when matt told julie to f-off, he finally found a pair, but they're still soooo getting back together. wonder if it happens before matt and nurse lady get it on.

finally, WTF, theres ONE swimsuit scene in the WHOLE series so far, and lyla is in a ONE-PIECE!? come on people! wtf. that scene where she kisses street and rigs totally made me think of 'y tu mama tambien' that spanish flick with a crazy 3 some. so thought we would be getting an extra kinky treat. wtf with the quock-tease though, 'i have to go pray now', think that made me want to jump her bones even more.

really curious as to how the landry-tyra thing is gonna work out. i guess landry is gonna come clean to his dad and his dad is gonna help him cover it up. would be pretty [censored] if the cops never find out who did it and landry/tyra get off scott free. thought the tyra dumping landry for his own good thing was kinda lame. he's kind of a loser who looks kinda like Ho mo ([censored] censored, boo) neanderthalis and one of the hotest hotties at school is now revoking his poon-pie privleges?

anyway, liked the gratuitous feel-good football game (even if the flag was coming from a mile away). enjoyed the ep, and as usual can't wait for the next one.