Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Shorthanded Stud/8 hand

Lets talk about 4th street, I think that is a check-call because I expect to get popped too often. Your getting the right price to peel.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Phat Mack- with regard to 5th he definitly could have a big pair. BUT I think a lot of convert HE players just bet here with whatever just because of their HE background. A lot of players don't realize that even though we bricked on 4th - we caught up on 5th and just continue beting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess those makes sense, the HE-player scenario most of all. If he's playing 5-10, it's possible that he doesn't know what a big pair is worth, but I've met some fine players playing 5-10.

Another possibility is that he had two baby clubs down and liked the 9c, or that he was trying to find out if the 5d paired our hero. If he's rolled up, he can't be sure he's behind.

From a baysean standpoint, I think HE cult-of-the-bet member is the most likely scenario.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets talk about 4th street, I think that is a check-call because I expect to get popped too often. Your getting the right price to peel.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt even notice that he bet called.

Check calling flips our hand face up but I think it is the correct play.

IPeople will always raise us in that spot als0. Either for value or just to feel us out a bit.

And in my opinion putting in two bets is a rather poor play here on 4th against his board.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i liked the way you played your hand but i think i would bet seventh street.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.. i intially thought "eff him, raise 4th!!" but i think you punish him far more when you improve on 5th (which is like always here) and then make your hand.. basically making a huge pot out of someone who's been "stealing" the whole time.

it's a huge leak by him to play a big hand like this vs. you unless you've played super weaktight, and i dont really see you as playing weaktight as all.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF! You want to put in three bets on 4th?

Also we don't ALWAYS improve on 5th. And even when we do improve our opponent doesnt always catch a brick.

How do you know he is stealing?

Exactly what is wrong with his play if he has a 'big hand' - I am assuming you are talking about a hi oreiented hand.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not confident in being able to bet-fold seventh, especially against this player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave that play at the Hold'em tables. The split pot dynamic makes this play kinda silly a lot of times.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:03 PM

Without reading the other responses, the only thing I do differently is to chicken-call fourth. He caught good, you caught bad, and I think it's overly optimistic to think that he's going to be folding any time soon.