Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 04:53 AM

Default TD27: interesting on multiple streets

Fairly typical player mix for 2/4. All players have shown a tendency to like straight draws. Button is a quick-patter and his second-round raise is pretty meaningless. CO is in a hurry to get her short stack in with any edge. BB is a significant calling station, and MP is a pretty typical semiloose-verypassive. I haven't had the opportunity to find out whether/how any of them will break.

Triple Draw 2-7 Lowball Limit ($2/$4) (converter)

SB ($66.50), Seat 2
BB ($43.50), Seat 3
Hero ($193), Seat 4
MP ($158), Seat 5
CO ($15), Seat 6
Button ($71), Seat 1

Button at Seat 1.
SB posts $1. BB posts $2.

Hand: [Qh 6c Th 7d 2h]

Round 1: (1.50 SB)

<font color="red">Hero raises. </font><font color="green">MP calls. </font><font color="green">CO calls. </font><font color="green">Button calls. </font><font color="#666666">SB folds. </font><font color="green">BB calls. </font>
BB takes 3. Hero discards Qh Th. MP takes 2. CO takes 2. Button takes 2.

Hand: [6c 7d 2h Kd Ah]

Round 2: (10.50 SB)

<font color="green">BB checks. </font><font color="green">Hero checks. </font><font color="green">MP checks. </font><font color="red">CO bets. </font><font color="red">Button raises. </font><font color="#666666">BB folds. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font><font color="green">MP calls. </font><font color="red">CO raises. </font><font color="green">Button calls. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font><font color="green">MP calls. </font>
Hero discards Kd Ah. MP takes 2. CO takes 1. Button stands pat.

Hand: [6c 7d 2h 8c 4c]

Round 3: (11.25 BB)

<font color="red">Hero bets. </font><font color="green">MP calls. </font><font color="green">CO calls. </font><font color="green">Button calls. </font>
Hero stands pat. MP takes 1. CO takes 1. Button stands pat.

Hand: [6c 7d 2h 8c 4c]

Round 4: (15.25 BB)

<font color="green">Hero checks. </font>
Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: TD27: interesting on multiple streets

Can you explain what your thought process was for round 2?

Your 3.4:1 against improving your 12 out hand to a 76, and another 4 outs to a very rough (lets count that as one out since the 8 makes the hero's hand dirty). Your getting 13.5:2 pot odds which is very good - but not when the CO is yet to act and he is likely to raise. I just don't get what your intention was there, I guess an explanation will help.

On the river i check as well. Your not going to get looked up by lesser hands in a multi-way pot.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Your cold call on round 2 was bad. Just because button is a quick patter doesn't mean that he is going to spew raise the CO who is usually pat here with a better 8 than you wound up with. This means that the Button usually has a better 8 than you as well. CO drawing after donking into a pat hand is very ususual IMHO. As played, c/c round 3 and break, c/c round 4 although its close to a fold.

I wasn't in this game, was I?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:03 PM

I hope I wasn't in that game, because for some reason I thought CO was donking into a hand that she knew was pat. In that case, I think you played it fine as long as you break if raised after the 2nd draw. However, without the read on the Button that he pats light you still have to fold on the 2nd round.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the easiest explanation (not just for round 2, but for the whole hand) is that sometimes I play like a donk.

In general, handreading in draw games is highly intuitive, which sometimes leads to really screwy plays. I felt very strongly that CO was betting her stack and that Button was FOS and trying to isolate in a pot that was already pretty big. If they're both drawing, which I very much expected, four-way my equity doesn't suck all that much.

I think the third-round play and the third draw are much more interesting.

And no, Iron, you weren't in this game.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the easiest explanation (not just for round 2, but for the whole hand) is that sometimes I play like a donk.

In general, handreading in draw games is highly intuitive, which sometimes leads to really screwy plays. I felt very strongly that CO was betting her stack and that Button was FOS and trying to isolate in a pot that was already pretty big. If they're both drawing, which I very much expected, four-way my equity doesn't suck all that much.

I think the third-round play and the third draw are much more interesting.

And no, Iron, you weren't in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

problem is you know the CO is re-raising, she wants to get her money in there 85% of the time. Dont get me wrong, I can be a donkey with the best of them at times, I peel loosely sometimes too based on player knowledge and intuition - and I always know I was wrong to do so. This however is a situation I'd avoid.

PS: 3rd round and beyond is standard expert play, nothing special for you - very special for the majority of course who doesn't understand the game as well as you do.