Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: I just witnessed a shooting (killing?)

without knowing any of the details... I'm going to take a shot at this one (no pun intended).

I'm a cop and come up on an alley way where two enraged guys are kicking the [censored] of some dude on the ground. I identify myself as a cop and tell them to cease stop the fight.

For whatever reason they either don't stop and/or reveal that they are carrying a gun. I fire a couple warning shots and still get no response and/or turn on the cops with a gun... [censored] it... I cap one of them.

Just a thought
Old 08-04-2007, 12:58 PM

Fascist.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am always kind of fascinated by people's reactions in times of intense crisis. Many people are just like CDC here, they just freeze up while things go on around them. Other people keep their cool 100% and do what needs to be done.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. What "needs to be done" in this situation? My only guess is run. I can't fault CDC for his actions at all. And I'm not sure what he "should" have done had he kept his cool.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
without knowing any of the details... I'm going to take a shot at this one (no pun intended).

I'm a cop and come up on an alley way where two enraged guys are kicking the [censored] of some dude on the ground. I identify myself as a cop and tell them to cease stop the fight.

For whatever reason they either don't stop and/or reveal that they are carrying a gun. I fire a couple warning shots and still get no response and/or turn on the cops with a gun... [censored] it... I cap one of them.

Just a thought

[/ QUOTE ]

and here's the more cynical view. I'm a 22 year old cop 3 months out of training and come up on an alley way where two enraged guys are kicking the [censored] of some dude on the ground. I identify myself as a cop and tell them to cease stop the fight.

In the commotion, the assailants don't hear me when I identify myself as a cop. When I try to pull the guy off of his victim he takes a swing at me. Instead of pulling out my billy club and using my combat training, or stepping back and waiting for backup, I pull out my gun and put 6 shots in the guy. At the trial, I will say I thought he had a gun in his hand and after 6 months of paid leave, be back on the beat.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am always kind of fascinated by people's reactions in times of intense crisis. Many people are just like CDC here, they just freeze up while things go on around them. Other people keep their cool 100% and do what needs to be done.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. What "needs to be done" in this situation? My only guess is run. I can't fault CDC for his actions at all. And I'm not sure what he "should" have done had he kept his cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not faulting CDC for his actions at all. CDC said:

[ QUOTE ]
i was sort of lost in a daze and couldn't really believe what was going on and me and my buddy just stood there and watched. after the fifth or sixth shot, it just dawned on me, HOLY SH!T, there's mother f*cking guns going off and we bolt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is an excellent example of what happens. 5 or 6 shots go off and you're just frozen there until your brain finally goes ZOMG LETS BOLT. There was no criticism in my comment whatsoever. Some people just don't freeze like that and are reacting before the first shot is even fired. I'm not one of them, I go dumb as hell when shtt starts going down, which is why it is interesting to me.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of stuff on the news wires about this now.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_6544598

[ QUOTE ]

1 dead in officer shooting in busy Santa Barbara area

Article Launched: 08/04/2007 05:05:24 AM PDT

SANTA BARBARA, Calif.—An officer involved shooting in a busy area of downtown Santa Barbara has left a man dead.

The incident occurred at 11:50 p.m. Friday while hundreds of people were in the area with several crowded bars and restaurants.

Police witnessed a fight between several men on a sidewalk, said Lieut. Paul McCaffrey. In the melee, one man pulled out a handgun, and was reported to say "When I'm called off I got a sawed off
Squeeze the trigger and bodies are hauled off
You too boy if ya [censored] with me
The police are gonna hafta come and get me
Off yo ass that's how I'm goin out
For the punk [censored] that's showin out".
Moments later several shots were fired and the armed man was hit and pronounced dead at the scene, McCaffrey said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-04-2007, 01:19 PM

The guy had a gun according to the police. I'm not saying it is impossible that they are lying and planted a weapon on him, but I gotta believe that it is much more likely that he really did take out a gun. Also I imagine there were more witnesses to this incident which will be able to confirm or deny this statement.

If he was pointing a gun at somebody especially the cop go ahead and smoke him.

It is bizarre how some people think cops are all evil.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:19 PM

Why did he have a sawed off handgun?
Old 08-04-2007, 01:32 PM

Glad you're alright you goddamn action junky.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just a thought

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Warning shots...