Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 03:33 AM

Default WSOP events...where to stay?

So I'm going to play events 10, 12, and 15 (if I bust first day, skip ones if they overlap) and I'm curious where to stay.

For starters I'm CHEAP! My typical vegas stay is the Excalibur or the Tropicana. But I'd like to stay closer than that to where I will be playing.

I'm assuming my events are all at the Rio....also during my "non tournament" time I'm going to play the 10/20 NL at the Bellagio.

What cheap/close by hotel would you guys recomend?
Old 03-08-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: WSOP events...where to stay?

The rio is damn cheap itself. I stayed there during the main event last year (near the end at least) and it was under $150 a night and the rooms were very nice.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:40 AM

Wow...rooms are that much? 4 buddies and myself got a house for 9 nights (10 days) for $450 a piece total. Gorgeous 5 bedroom w/ pool, jacuzzi, etc.

If you have ppl you could do this with, it sure would be stuck being cooped up in a boring hotel room.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow...rooms are that much? 4 buddies and myself got a house for 9 nights (10 days) for $450 a piece total. Gorgeous 5 bedroom w/ pool, jacuzzi, etc.

If you have ppl you could do this with, it sure would be stuck being cooped up in a boring hotel room.

[/ QUOTE ]

no buddies.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

$150 a night is a TON to me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] well...not really, but I'm super cheap [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 08:04 AM

If you are looking for cheap, the Imperial Palace can always fill that void... Plus its quick to walk to Bellagio for cash games and its a quick walk to Harrah's to take the free shuttle over to the Rio
Old 03-08-2007, 08:25 AM

How 'bout the Gold Coast? Next to the Rio. Shuttle thing works the other way around too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely the way to go. I'm part of Felix's group, and I can attest the place we got is gorgeous--and MUCH cheaper than a hotel room would ever be.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 AM

I stayed at the gold coast a couple times last year not the best but it is close and cheap
Old 03-08-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I stayed at the gold coast a couple times last year not the best but it is close and cheap

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and they have a bowling alley.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That "boring hotel room" is walking distance from the WSOP room. Since you know when the breaks are, you can pre-order dinner room service to be delivered on the breaks instead of fighting through everyone else in the restaurants. No waiting in long cab lines after play is over for the day either.