Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM

Default First time to Vegas.

I am going to Vegas for thanksgiving and staying for five days. I am relatively new to poker (playing seriously for two years)
This is my first trip to Vegas and would like to know the best places to play. I don’t want to spend whole lot of time playing poker though. But I would like to play a session (6 hrs-8hrs) of live poker and may be a tournament or two.

I am basically a limit player playing 4-8/6-12 and 10-20 some times. I would like to play a tournament for sure (buy ins in the range of 100-150 max).

Also would like to try out the limit games which I really like playing. Where are the best places where I can have fun and also make some money playing 4-8 to 10-20.
Comments, suggestions any one?

Any tips on what times to play during the day. I know some tournaments are offered daily like 11 am, 7 pm etc… what times are usually good and worth the money? Things like that… Thanks in advance.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: First time to Vegas.

Welcome, AR.

These are very commonly asked questions in this forum. You should take a look at the Sticky at the top of the forum, it will have links to tips on search as well as links to big threads of interest.

In particular, LasVegasMichael's list of Regularly Spread Tournaments in Vegas will be a big help in your search for a tournament during the day.

As far as mid-stakes limit hold 'em, you will be a little restricted, most likely to Bellagio and the Wynn. Maybe a couple others.

The nice thing is the Wynn is a really nice room.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: First time to Vegas.

Bellagio $4/8 is always fishy, $8/16 is mostly fishy (but not always). $10/20 at the Mirage is often fishy (but not always). If you make some profit you might consider taking it to a $15/30 at the Bellagio - you might be surprised how soft that is sometimes.

Have not played at Wynn.

Caesar's tournaments are good values for the money. Check out pokertournamentformula.com for good descriptions of all Vegas tourney structures.