Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]
This is far from over and I don't see how those people can possibly last in that neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how they can last in this country.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 PM

This guy provides a pretty good, practical & lucid, commentary on the story. He says he's found them but isn't going to publish that information (and says why), and has good points on other aspects of the story.

http://dfarq.homeip.net/article/20071114220245731
Old 11-15-2007, 02:28 PM

this was sort of odd, from the second link:

compare with:
Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Excellent work interweb detectives. Now all we really need is for the asshats from that Westboro church to come and picket this family. Sort of a meeting of the minds for the dregs of society. Oh, and since their home phone and address are listed publicly, the next few days probably aren't going to be much fun for this family.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:59 PM

I'm trying to skim through all the incredible response this thread has generated and i's love to put in a few comments of my own

1. The issue of responsibility keeps coming up and I can't really say how "responsible" legally in a criminal or civil sense this family who did this myspace thing is.

2 what i find most shocking is that there is no sense of guilt from the perpetrators. Now I didn't really get a clear
view of their feelings becuase the article doesn't seem to do any clear interview with them. But to me, it seems that thier little internet joke turned out so bad that if i did something like this I would feel so guilty i don't know how i could not try to do something positive to try to make up for what i had done.

3. it just seems wierd to me the lack of humanity from the perpetrators is all.

4. I don't really agree with the idea of "eye for an eye"
in this particular case because it is a suicide.

5. just very sad. wish good luck to all involved try to be a little more smarter about how u handle emotional kids.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It makes me very happy that the identities of the two idiots has been revealed.

[/ QUOTE ]
? Where/why/when? I'm not interested in having them posted here but the fact that they've been released and the details surrounding that are interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Google says:

There are many links

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome. Im not kidding that if they lived within a 500 mile drive from me, Id be in my car right now on my way to vandalism. I've never read a story thats tilted me or sickened me as much as this one. As it is, Im writting them a letter. I know it will never get read, but if its just one more letter in their mailbox of hopefully many, its at least something
Old 11-15-2007, 03:14 PM

Yeah it's an amazing testament to the internet how quickly that got out. If this is ~15 years ago it would be more like a trickle.

That rotten neighbor site is pure gold. Here is a note from a house near theirs:

"<u>big jew lives here</u>

This guy moved in with his trailer park family about a year ago and promptl purchased the 2 houses next to him and is currently renting them out to illegal immigrants. He never mows the lawn, is often seen outside with a beer in his hand, no shirt yelling at his wife and kids and needs to cut his jew hair.

-anonymous"

I didn't know istewart lived in Missouri. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 PM

WTF, that girl isn't fat at all, or it doesn't seem like it. Unless its one of those "angles" photos. She actualy seems "pretty."

Also, its cannot be a criminal suit but it sure as hell can be a civil lawsuit. How much were the myspace parents to blame, its really a judgment call but they sure as hell are to blame for it.

I really don't see how some of you guys are arguing that it would be different if a 14 year old did it as opposed to an adult? Most adults haven't really grown up and are still very immature. The thing is that revenge is revenge no matter what age you are, and you certainly don't think about the effects your decision can have when you're taking revenge.

There's been a shitton of threads in OOT where people post their best revenge stories and some of these people are supposedly adults, does it change the fact that they decided to take revenge, no. Thing is, the myspace parents found out that their daughter got befriended from supposedly her best friend and I'm sure it crushed their daughter (who was prolly not a looker to begin with if she was friends with Megan, j/k.)Their daughter prolly started crying and as a parent you feel that you have to stick up for you child and this was their way of going about it. Anyways, so in order to get back at Megan for hurting their daughters' feelings, they played the Myspace scheme. Did they take it a bit far, yes, but at that time they were thought they were justified in doing so in order to get back for the "defriendment," probably.

My point being that you can't really blame the parents that much because they were only thinking of their little daughter and her feelings before the feelings of Megan and her conditions and what it would do to affect her. I know everyone's gonna reply back to this by saying well as adults you have to know between right and wrong and stupidity and non stupidity, but most adults don't know jack [censored] and are really stupid when it comes to common sense issues.

Bottom line: both parents were to blame for this tragedy, one more than the other but it still doesn't change the fact that it happened. Also, the myspace parent's daughter has done absolutely nothing wrong in this whole regard and I really don't see the hate for her.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point being that you can't really blame the parents that much because they were only thinking of their little daughter and her feelings before the feelings of Megan and her conditions and what it would do to affect her.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is idiotic. So when your kid's feelings get hurt a viable solution is to go hurt some other kid's feelings? "Hey, Susie. This will make you feel better. Let's order a pizza and hop online and [censored] with some other kids."

*edit* I just finished reading the rest of your post.

"Did they take it a bit far, yes, but at that time they were thought they were justified in doing so in order to get back for the "defriendment," probably. "

WTF "Thinking you were justified" isn't justification. These people are [censored] deranged. I don't know how anybody can defend them.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know everyone's gonna reply back to this by saying well as adults you have to know between right and wrong and stupidity and non stupidity, but most adults don't know jack [censored] and are really stupid when it comes to common sense issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can think of at least one good example. Assuming you're an adult, that is. Your whole argument is "adults are dumb, so they aren't responsible for the repercussions of their actions". Does taht really seem right to you?