Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously, but my question is whether the monthlong wait for this happened because of incompetence or malice.

[/ QUOTE ]

See edit.

Yeah, I mean I'd like to know too, and I think we will Re: leaks from AP employees.

However, if this happened because of incompetence, lots of heads should roll as well.

Lots of money moves on these sites. Stars and FT have smart people running their sites, as pretty much all of us can confirm from direct interaction. Absolute clearly has a ton of idiots working for them, and they have to fix that.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: gg AP

[ QUOTE ]
lol, GRAYKAT(not GREYCAT) is the CL at the FT of the 10k tourney currently being played on AP. The rest of the table was ripping him/her a new one for being a cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

poor guy, what an unfortunate name to have now.

From the email on my page 22 of the Updated Absolute Cliff Notes Thread (18th October)

"Tom Scott even put $300 in my friends account to prove he was from AP (by credit adjustment, not deposit/transfer)."
"We contacted our promotions department and they informed us that steamroller belongs to the Absolute Poker Staff. For this reason, what he offered you is in legit."

Full email can be read in that thread if you like.

Anyhow, just curious, on Absolute would the credit adjustment be posted under the name of a player -ie:steamroller or wouldn't it just say credit adjustment. If it does just say credit adjustment
then why did email refer to steamroller. What I am getting at is why would Absolute say steamroller in their email rather than mangement, or VP , or whatever. The only reason I can think that they would say steamroller is if credit adjutment referred to steamroller. A screenshot of credit adjustment would be interesting.

incredible job by nat et al. i'm really impressed. have enjoyed watching your sleuthing work.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good point, but srs question:

Do we know anyone who has been busted for chip dumping at AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

We know that they claimed chip dumping didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

They tried this line many times.

Then in the zoo thread posted by their support they actually relent on this issue- but say it's "to several unrelated accounts" or some nonsense.

Here was that gem of a line from their monkey of the day...

"With respect to the allegation of chip dumping, we have determined that chip dumping by at least one of the accounts at issue, did in fact, take place. We have determined that the chip dumping was made to several seemingly unrelated accounts."
Old 10-18-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: gg AP

Admo is the bomb de bomb bomb bomb

---

Thanks to everyone involved for all the hard work in bringing the facts to light. I'm sure there is more to come.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:47 PM

I just wanted to make my own thanks to Marco, Adanthar, JoseM, Nat and the others that have all helped put this together.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I may connect a few dots...

According to the wayback machine (www.archive.org), the statement on AP's site that they are owned by a Kahnawake sole proprietorship did not appear on the site until after June, 2007.

Scott Tom stopped shilling for AP on 2p2 around June, 2007.

The questionable playing started soon after June, 2007.

I am guessing that a statement will be released that the ex-owner compromised a number of accounts and Absolute had no idea the hole existed, hence the denials.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, maybe I'm stupid, but this is a plausible explanation, isn't it?

AP have certainly handled this terribly, and it appears they were at very least involved in covering up actions of past employees after the fact, but do we know they were complicit in the cheating activities themselves? There's a pretty big difference if they were or weren't, in my opinion.

By the way, what is the difficulty when it comes to determining Scott Tom's current involvement with the company? I ask because when I'm explaining this to people, and I have to say that Scott "either was the joint-CEO or still is, I'm not sure." It sounds absurd that such information is unknown. Also, as I said above, in terms of the judgment I'll make on Absolute Poker (which will no doubt be strongly negative one way or the other), it makes a difference whether it was a fraud perpetrated by people who had left the company, or whether it was a genuine in-house job undertaken by presently employed (at the time of the scam) Absolute Poker executives. I don't know if this has been established yet.

Anyway, just my $0.02 after trying desparately to catch up with all of this over the last day or two. I wasn't able to read most of the most recent thread, however, so I hope these questions aren't redundant.

Oh, and hats off to the 2+2 investigators! Seriously impressive stuff and I hope it ends with some real justice being dished out, rather than a meek punblic statement + refunds to cheated players (not that that's the worst result either).

[ QUOTE ]
GROUND FLOOR

[/ QUOTE ]

BASTARD

I just don't understand what kind of statement they are going to release. There is no way a full independent audit was already completed by gaming associates in just one day. Didn't they just announce the audit yesterday? I feel like we are going to get some bogus statement and everything is going to be swept under a rug.

Guess we will just have to wait and see.
Closed Thread