Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 04:05 AM

Default TPTK vs. c/r 3-bet?

7 handed 10/20 live limit game. Game is pretty passive, no real reads on villains. Villain 1 has only played 5-6 hands so far and only hand he's played he just called a PFR w/ AQcc and bet TPTK the whole way. Villain 2 I raised QJ in MP and he called from BB. He check raised a Ah-4s-5s flop with AQss and showed me. Other than that, no real reads.

I am UTG w/ ATo and raise, villain 1 is OTB and calls, BB (villain 2) calls.

T62 flop rainbow.

BB checks, I pause for a second to try and give a physical tell that I hate the flop, then throw $10 in the middle. Villain 1 raises to $20, Villain 2 INSTA 3 bets. Hero?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:47 AM

Default Re: TPTK vs. c/r 3-bet?

First, does anyone else fold this preflop? I certainly do.

You're getting an instant 6-1 call when the action is on you (if my math is right). If villain 1 doesn't cap then you I think you can make the call and hope to catch an A or T. I think villain 2 has a set here most of the time; over pairs the rest of the time and a T rarely, but once in a while.

I think it's correct to call the flop but I really hate having to do it. I think we might have to fold a turn UI. I feel like I'm wrong though; I want to see what other people say.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7-handed passive table? I'm either folding or raising, 90% the latter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My table image has been solid TAG/LAG fwiw.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

7-handed passive table? I'm either folding or raising, 90% the latter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My table image has been solid TAG/LAG fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't like it. 5 handed, sure, but I think seven is still too many to be doing this. I'm willing to reserve judgment until we see more posts, though.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:26 AM

I would also fold preflop.
With this flop and action at a passive table I think your looking at a set too often to continue. If you had position and were closing the betting, I might call, but as is, I fold.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:05 AM

Pretty easy fold pF.
Feels like a couple of over cards with a BDFD, an over pair or set.
Meh, the price is attractive to call but I hate playing a big pot stuck between a couple of aggro monkeys with only TPTK and 3 overs that can kill my hand.
I fold.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:32 PM

I was thinking along the same lines that I'm up against either an overpair/set off the flop, and going to be drawing pretty slim. I think folding this flop for 2 more small bets over the long run will save me $$. I was posting this hand, because the turn went check, check on a T642 board, and the river was an ace, check, bet, call, villain 1 showed AQo...villain 2 mucked...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 PM

I think if you're going to play this hand UTG then raising is the right move, to try and get rid of any AJ or AQ out there. This seems like the play on a table like you've described. If you'd done this the AQ probably doesn't raise the flop with his overs, but who knows.
Tough choice on calling the r/r or folding, but with TPTK on an uncoordinated board I'd be leaning toward seeing the turn.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:57 PM

Against passive players on a dry board like this, i think you can fold. But seriously, do we really need to play ATo from UTG? I'm getting a little bored with people constantly overvaluing this hand.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 PM

He is only four off the button which means that quite often this hand has enough value to raise pf.