Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Cheating at Bellagio Poker Room

[ QUOTE ]
Many locals use the chip on the card to show intent, but its not collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is it when players try to signal their intentions to other players? I agree that its not efefctive, but if they are actually doing it to show their intent then it is by definition collusion. If they are unintentionally showing their intnet that is a different thing.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Cheating at a poker room?

[ QUOTE ]
A pathetic looking old lady is in seat 9. She has bruised arms and bruised eyes, and is 50 lbs overweight. She’s on her second buyin of $500. All fold to her in middle position and she limps for 10, tommy signals raise and raises it up to 60, sue calls 60,

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy signals raise? Do you mean that he signals that he is going to raise, or that Sue should re-raise? There's no reason for him to signal that he's going to raise (he's in front), and Sue doesn't re-raise, she calls.

[ QUOTE ]
MP lady calls 60. time is around 4:30pm, 11/8/2007, table 31. flop is 8 7 3 two diamonds. MP checks, now comes the raise signal from tommy, a stack of $5 red chips on top of his cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same signal we had before?

[ QUOTE ]
We are playing with $10 chips and this is the first time he has placed a stack of red chips on his cards. He raises to $120, Sue makes it $400 to go. Mp mucks hand, aver 30 seconds of theatrics (very poor ones at that) tommy mucks hand and Sue rakes in pot. Really smooth team play. Team wins $60 from mark, neither show their hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Tommy is giving the signals, are we to assume that Tommy has the hand? If he has the hand, why does he want Sue to raise? Can't he raise himself? It's a NL game. If he has, say, a big pair, and he's got Sue in on a whip-saw, the only thing he's doing is giving the mark 2:1 to draw instead of 1:1.

I can't see the collusion here, unless it's some sort of altruistic collusion intent on giving away money.

And as far as telegraphing intentions, the only reason to play the 2-5 and 5-10 NL games at this overcrowded room is because the games are full of internet players who don't know any better.

jmo
Old 11-09-2007, 05:09 PM

I did not get barred and am not getting back for anytghing.
I do not like to sit in a cheating game period.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is it when players try to signal their intentions to other players? I agree that its not efefctive, but if they are actually doing it to show their intent then it is by definition collusion. If they are unintentionally showing their intnet that is a different thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Intent meaning "I'm going to play in this hand, so everyone else at this table better stay out of my way because I have a good hand". Its retarded, but thats how people think.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Cheating at a poker room?-clarification

Everyone seems to be confused by the preflop signals.
Tommy signaled to Sue that he wanted to raise postflop by stacking a large stack of red $5 chips on his cards. We are playing with $10 chips. After this signal, tommy raised, and Sue reraised and took the pot down.

I have no vendeta against the Bellagio. The fact that they where colluding was also told to me by the poker player sitting next to me that had played against them on many occasions in the 5-10 game.

In addition to signaling intention, in 1 out of 10 hands or so, tommy would tilt his cards he was discarding up toward his body so that sue could see them before she acted. The third time of this, he was told to stop it by another player and by the dealer.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Intent meaning "I'm going to play in this hand, so everyone else at this table better stay out of my way because I have a good hand". Its retarded, but thats how people think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay I usually say that by making a big bet.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tommy signaled to Sue that he wanted to raise postflop by stacking a large stack of red $5 chips on his cards. We are playing with $10 chips. After this signal, tommy raised, and Sue reraised and took the pot down.

[/ QUOTE ]

the way you describe it there is no reason to signal, the raise itself is a signal.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are correct, we are all confused by this. And you didn't clear it up. What you seem to be saying is before he put in the raise, Tommy stacked a buncha chips on his cards. Then he put the raise in. Sue acted behind him. What we don't understand is why on earth Tommy NEEDS to signal Sue "I'm going to raise" when she's behind him? She'll get the same info in just as timely a manner when he actually does raise.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:19 PM

We are talking POST FLOP now.
Tommy wants her to RERAISE his raise after the flop.
He signals that by putting a stack of chips on his card vs preflop signal to call a raise of one chip on his cards.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:31 PM

Got it, thanks. Now that I re-read my post, it was a bit jerky, sorry.

Best regards,
Andy