Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: help save 6 young mens lives please!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in finland we dont really have these problems, but i think that in america you should just have different schools for the races that dont get along. you could even have like seperate public libraries and buses and stuff if its that bad. i mean they would be seperate, but equal, you know? i think it would be a big step forward for the race movement in the united states.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLOLOLOLL

[/ QUOTE ]lol, let me ask the stupid question... that HAD to be a joke, right?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:30 PM

lol at anyone who thinks any of these kids will see more than a couple months in jail, if that. "22 year maximum sentence" is just bait.

Bell has already been offered a plea including a suspended sentence which he turned down.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:34 PM

and i add, there were most definitely pretty bad civil rights violations here, and they need to be dealt with. but its not like these kids lives are in as great of jeopardy as is claimed.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I am with you guys about this being wrong and obviously the people involved are seriously overreacting to this, but I would like to point out one thing. Black on white violence is ridiculous among children. If you're white, not expecially large, and you go to a public school in any city in America, you learn very fast to fear nearly every dark skinned minority you see, particularly when you're alone and they're not. If you grew up in a suberb or went to private school you'll never be able to understand what I mean, but it's true. I couldn't tell you how many of my friends growing up got jumped by groups of black kids for no damn reason, myself included obviously. Nothing ever happens to them either because they either don't get caught, or they get let off with a warning because all of the teachers are infested with liberal guilt. Additionally, kids tend to have the mentality of being able to do anything they want regardless of laws that could only send them to juvinile hall at worst anyway.

Now I'm not saying I think making an example out of a random group of kids like this is correct in any way. But I do think a message needs to be sent or something needs to be done to protect non-violent children who can't even protect themselves from being beaten up by packs of lawless child thugs. It is emotionally scarring and should not go unnoticed as often as it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored] you're stupid. fwiw i am white and went to a 70% black public school, and never felt afraid to be around black people.

edit: in the south too
Old 09-02-2007, 04:54 PM

I dnt think any1 has said anything rascist chump....

Though some may have said stupid things.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such a joke, this is gonna turn into a "loose change" type of deal, where you find out at trial there are a whole lot of facts the video conveniently omitted.

It is a shame the world isn't perfect, and that we can't have a homogeneous standard of equality across all races, genders, ages, etc, but the reality is that this is impossible, and has been since forever. For every redneck judge that sentences a violent black offender to prison, there is a liberal college admissions office letting in select minorities based on the color of their skin, and not the academic qualifications they bring to the table. I'm sure someone will find these observations overtly racist, as it is easy to consider anything that is both controversial and race related to be racist, and it really sucks we can't have a running dialog of intelligent conversation about the subject without someone feeling afraid of how others might construe their comments.

That said, taking one source of information for face value in today's society and basing your opinion on it is pretty irresponsible and quite frankly stupid. I don't doubt that in a tit-for-tat back-and-forth situation like this one, one side is going to somehow not get equal treatment, and that is unfortunate. However, I would like to see the whole story out on the table rather than a video slanted to one side before I make a judgment one way or another.

And if this topic really gets you heated, check out the movie Crash if you haven't seen it. It is a really powerful, interesting look at racial stereotypes.

[/ QUOTE ]

wowowowow. so for every black child who spends the majority of their adult life in jail over a school fight that spawned from blatant racism, one midddle-class white kid w/ baely acceptable grades might not get into the college he wants to attend? and you think this represents some sort of harmonious balance in race-relations? FFS man you can't really be such an idiot can you?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You must be one of the great minds of your generation, amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, ldo.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored] you're stupid. fwiw i am white and went to a 70% black public school, and never felt afraid to be around black people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is usually not the case when white students go to predominately minority schools, I mean seriously where did you go to school? Atlantic City High School has a high minority population, and that's no picnic, and in my case I played 2 sports so I'm sure I had it relatively easy. In fact, I know I did. I can't tell you how many tomes some lone white kid got jumped, but then I can't remember 5 white kids messing with a black kid.

You can always go one step further and walk through a black neighborhood in AC at night, and see how many problems you can avoid there. And frankly, cities get a lot worse than they do here.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:09 PM

again, i can only speak for my area... but im from harlem and i feel its perfectly safe for whites to walk here day or night
Old 09-02-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is usually not the case when white students go to predominately minority schools, I mean seriously where did you go to school? Atlantic City High School has a high minority population, and that's no picnic, and in my case I played 2 sports so I'm sure I had it relatively easy.

You can always go one step further and walk through a black neighborhood in AC at night, and see how many problems you can avoid there. And frankly, cities get a lot worse than they do here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is basically the case, and the point CF was making, and something that has nothing to do with the OP. So there we are.