Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: help save 6 young mens lives please!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then you're either lucky enough to have never been harassed, or you're flat out stupid. Take your pick.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, I'm stupid? How in the world does that make me stupid? You can call me lucky, but none of my white friends had an issues like you're mentioning either. I honestly think your personal experiences are greatly in the minority, and they give fodder for others to further their own racist objectives.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Courtesy Flush picked a horrible time to make a point, but I really don't think it's the minority. What was the racial makeup of your high school? You mentioned asian kids, so right off the bat i'm assuming you and him are thinking of different scenarios.

Plus, some of his lingo ("spawn 'ghetto' types") is rubbing me the wrong way, but I have to back him on this one if he's talking about what I think he's talking about.

Edit #2: I see you posted right after the racial makeup. Totally different scenario. What was the makeup of the neighborhood you lived in?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:37 AM

I do agree however that CF's contribution was totally pointless in the context of this thread.

The white kid getting beat up/down was not the innocent victim and his point doesn't apply.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such a joke, this is gonna turn into a "loose change" type of deal, where you find out at trial there are a whole lot of facts the video conveniently omitted.

It is a shame the world isn't perfect, and that we can't have a homogeneous standard of equality across all races, genders, ages, etc, but the reality is that this is impossible, and has been since forever. For every redneck judge that sentences a violent black offender to prison, there is a liberal college admissions office letting in select minorities based on the color of their skin, and not the academic qualifications they bring to the table. I'm sure someone will find these observations overtly racist, as it is easy to consider anything that is both controversial and race related to be racist, and it really sucks we can't have a running dialog of intelligent conversation about the subject without someone feeling afraid of how others might construe their comments.

That said, taking one source of information for face value in today's society and basing your opinion on it is pretty irresponsible and quite frankly stupid. I don't doubt that in a tit-for-tat back-and-forth situation like this one, one side is going to somehow not get equal treatment, and that is unfortunate. However, I would like to see the whole story out on the table rather than a video slanted to one side before I make a judgment one way or another.

And if this topic really gets you heated, check out the movie Crash if you haven't seen it. It is a really powerful, interesting look at racial stereotypes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLZ YOURE SUUUUUUUCH A RACIST

AND CRASH SUCKED

THAT HEAVY HANDED PIECE OF TRIPE

P.S. Did you actually, I mean, actually srsrly, just compare a guy getting wrongfully imprisoned to some peckerwood having to attend Yale instead of Harvard?
Old 09-02-2007, 01:40 PM

the dude from the movie reminds me of a cross between:

Michael Wincott: http://imdb.com/name/nm0000699/

Dennis Leary: http://imdb.com/name/nm0001459/

and a random Jewish legal person
Old 09-02-2007, 02:19 PM

Xylem- "This is why i hate seeing white rascism portrayed on tv."

Yes, it's that damn liberal media. They should just ignore the problem. Or at least give equal time to the significantly less serious problem of racism against whites.

Chump Change- "I think Courtesy Flush picked a horrible time to make a point, but I really don't think it's the minority. "

Just to be clear, you think the majority of white public high school students have to deal with the specter of roving gangs of blacks beating them up? That Black on White youth violence is an epidemic in American cities? I don't think you really get just how terrible his point was, which actually boils down to "[censored] those [censored], some other black guy was mean to me in high school."

Some black kids are [censored](assholery being evenly distributed across race). [censored] beat people up. Sometimes the person they beat up will be a different color than they are. If there are more blacks than whites in a given area there will be more black on white beatings than vice versa.

CF doesn't have a point, he's just a terrible racist. Some sort of flammable viscous liquid and a match would be a good look for him.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:21 PM

Wait why does this require our intervention? Won't the courts figure this one out?
Old 09-02-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait why does this require our intervention? Won't the courts figure this one out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol? (in this case)

Anyway chump u really live up 2 ure name when u call that poster a rascist...
I thought he made a very valid and well written post.
We are not all treated equally - affirmative action etc, and he was just adding that to the debate.

NO1 is comparing or saying what happened wasnt terrible.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway chump u really live up 2 ure name when u call that poster a rascist...
I thought he made a very valid and well written post.
We are not all treated equally - affirmative action etc, and he was just adding that to the debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz I was all ready to give you a srs response but I see now it'd be pointless with level of reading comprehension. You call CF a racist but think the other guy is valid and articulate?

You must be one of the great minds of your generation, amirite?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in finland we dont really have these problems, but i think that in america you should just have different schools for the races that dont get along. you could even have like seperate public libraries and buses and stuff if its that bad. i mean they would be seperate, but equal, you know? i think it would be a big step forward for the race movement in the united states.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty awesome level.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:22 PM

I'm black, and I went to an overwhelming minority HS... there were a few white kids, and they never had any problems... now obviously i can only speak for one american HS out of millions.. just saying though