Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Where should I live in the SF Bay Peninsula?

Well, i've lived here all my life and all over the bay area so I'll give my two cents.

You DO NOT want to live in an apartment complex if you can help it. They're pieces of [censored] around here unless you can get one in palo alto or menlo park. As far as RWC goes there are some very reasonable, affordable townhouses in good areas. But the further east you go in RWC the more mexicans you run into. I was renting a 3bdr townhouse in RWC for 1800 a month and that was a major steal. You're going to be paying ~1000 a month for any decent place on the penninsula. If you go down less than 1000 you're going to be living in a cracker jack box so just be prepared to pay at least that much.

Mountain View is also a really good choice. No nightlife whatsoever but it's just a short trip on Alma or 101 to downtown PA which is pretty hoppin in terms of nightlife. Well, it depends on what you consider nightlife because DTPA is the main hangout for fugly Stanford students. Although I will admit Stanford has def. been doing their part recently to shed the fugly label. Plus there's all the choice 18yos at Paly High with their sisters ID's to even it out. Still DTPA isn't all that bad, in fact im going there tonight.

Othen than MV and RWC theres Menlo Park and Palo Alto. Both are pretty expensive but if you ask me it's totally worth it if you got the scratch. You can find some decently cheap apartments that are well worth it.

If I were you making what you're making i would say to stay within the Palo Alto, Menlo Park, RWC, Mountain View Area. It gets shittier the further south you go and if you're concerned about going up to the city the train comes every hour and it's a pretty sweet ride. Plus they let you drink which comes in handy when going to sporting events in the city.

I'm actually looking to move out of my place in MP here pretty soon so if you need any help finding a place I could be of some help.