Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Is it just me or is this a date?

[ QUOTE ]
We only talk when she's alone or at work - I've never spoken to her when she is around anyone since she's been out there (besides her housemates which were college friends).

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds a lot like a married girl I know. The difference is that I know why she talks to me only at work or when she is alone or only calls me from her parents house.

You apparently are clueless.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We only talk when she's alone or at work - I've never spoken to her when she is around anyone since she's been out there (besides her housemates which were college friends).

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds a lot like a married girl I know. The difference is that I know why she talks to me only at work or when she is alone or only calls me from her parents house.

You apparently are clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Story or TR please.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Story or TR please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2007, 02:37 PM

what does story TR mean? yes im a n00b...
Old 08-07-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what does story TR mean? yes im a n00b...

[/ QUOTE ]

Trip Report
Old 08-07-2007, 03:13 PM

except when used as a verb, when it means "tabasco-reaming"
Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 PM

Update?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:46 PM

Well we played phone tag for a few days, but I think that it wasn't a coincidence. I would call when I knew she was working and she would call when I was working. She finally called late last night and we spoke for a few minutes. I have been detaching myself emotionally since it happened and I just listened to her say how busy she had been (BS) and then I told her I had a few things to do and that we could talk some other time. She tried to talk real soft and sweet when I said that it wasn't a great time to talk like she was sad, but it was definitely clear that we were both aware what was going on - if things were on the up and up she would have mentioned a reason for not speaking since Saturday, but I think she realized that I was already aware of the cause. Since some time has passed I have thought of a few things that I wanted to say anyway:

1) About the clingly, wet blanket comment. I'll be the first to admit that it totally came off that way. But if a guy who had been married for five years said his wife may be unfaithful and was worried sick about it, no one would think to say that he was being a wet blanket (at least I hope not). While we don't have nearly that type of relationship, it was much more than just a few month high school thing or something. I admit that I was being clingy, but you don't think or say things you usually do when you are put in that situation - which is exactly the reason I didnt want to speak to her without a few days to define my position. Also, the extent of my clingyness (is that a word?) was only during this time period. I can assure you that no one who has been around this relationship for these years would ever describe my attitude or behavior as clingy or anything remotely similar!

2) I have spent a few days trying to detach myself emotionally, as I stated earlier. It seems to be doing the trick for the most part, but when I think of those pics I have to admit it still bothers me. I have realized that I can't continue the sexual part alone - just not my style, at least at this point.

3) I need to get out and be social, and start dating a little myself. My brother always said how ridiculously hot his fiance's cousins are, but they have always been dating. Well the wedding is in a month, and the one my age just broke up with her boyfriend. They have been laying a little bit of a foundation for me, so I am looking forward to that. I have always been pretty good with women and have always seem to be dating someone for as long as I remember. I was just being a complete bitch for a few days (as many pointed out lolz) and I needed to think this through.

Anyway, I will update this again when I actually have a discussion with her, but at this point I am not really even sure if that will happen. We both seem to know where the relationship stands without saying a word.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:20 PM

Sorry, man, that sucks. Happens all the time and has happened to most of the people reading this. But that doesn't make it any easier on you, eh?

LDRs are really hard even in the best of circumstances.

[ QUOTE ]
I need to get out and be social, and start dating a little myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what you need.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:45 PM

Sorry to hear about all this, but you weren't married.