Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 12:31 PM

Default AT with two aces, awkward spot...

My image at this table is fairly aggressive. However, I have been forced to fold a couple of hands after a CB/check fold flop in multiway pots.

Villain is playing 25/15/1.5 and hasnīt done anything remarkable. We havenīt been in any pots together.

Turn: This board is very dry and he called me out of the blinds. I think there is a pretty good chance I am behind here, but if I check, it feels like I have to call river (do I?), so I opt to bet the turn kind of smallish intending to check it down on the river. What is better, checking or betting?

River: Ok...he should believe I have an ace now, and his bet looks kind of strong...spite call or can I fold here?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $93.65
BB: $52.55
UTG: $69.80
Hero (CO): $49.05
BTN: $56.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $1.75, UTG folds

Flop: ($5.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, BB calls $4.00

Turn: ($13.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, BB calls $8.00

River: ($29.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $13.00</font>, Hero....
Old 09-28-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: AT with two aces, awkward spot...

Definitely check behind on the turn. He could have a higher ace or a set, but if he has something like 88/TT then he'll probably pay off a river bet if you check behind on the turn.

As played I'd call but I wouldn't be happy about it.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:47 PM

call, it's like 40% of the pot. i don't see how you possibly fold here, but definitely check the turn.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:54 PM

I don't mind the turn bet, you want to get called from smaller aces and charge possible straight draws, but a check behind is not bad either. AJ+ is a possibility but he might re-raise from the blinds with those. Defintely call the river bet, it can be a blocking bet and your hand can be good.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:41 PM

Check behind on the turn.

Edit: Yea if you check the turn you pretty much have to call river. But it controls pot size better than betting turn....and it will keep villian's range a litle wider.

As played call this but don't expect to win an overwhelmingly large percentage of the time.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:47 PM

I probably fold the river. A double float OOP is pretty weird. Its just extremely hard for him to have air with his line (check/call check/call). And yeah you should be checking behind on the turn sometimes.