Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 09:58 AM

Default TPTK against bluffer...but is he bluffing this time?

Just sat down, this is my very first hand at the table.

In the hand before this one, villain raise 22 and bet a king high board three street only to be called down by AK and lost half a stack.

So, obviously I like my hand against this guy on the flop, maybe I should raise this flop? But if he pushes, that would kind of suck, and I would like him to keep bluffing.

Then on the turn, the famous checkminraise comes.

As far as he knows, I could easily have the flushdraw here. But since he bluffed the last hand, I could also try to bluff him, so maybe he rebluffs me? Who knows? I really donīt know if my play here was right with so little information or not.

Anybody like a turncheck?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $41.50
BB: $20.25
UTG: $50.00
MP: $28.90
Hero (CO): $47.50
BTN: $66.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, MP calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($6) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $4.00</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($14) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $20.00</font>, Hero....
Old 09-22-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: TPTK against bluffer...but is he bluffing this time?

With this read, easy call.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:46 AM

I'd give him a nice 3bet pf with position. If he 4bets or flat calls proceed with caution, either way it helps you define his hand range a bit better. I almost never flat call pf if I have position with a good hand. Flop is fine imo, but I'd probably check turn as there are 3 diamonds and he could well have had a FD on the flop.

Minraises usually mean they have a hand, but want you to call to get more money in the pot. Quite a lot of players think along the lines of "Hmm it's only a bit more to call to see the river..I'll do it" It's a dangerous board with the 3 diamonds so I'd fold.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:20 AM

I'd 3bet PF most of the time but calling is not bad in position.
choccypie, I'm actually more likely to 3bet this OOP because I want to take it down PF
Why no raise on the flop? Did you think you could drag the pairs that you beat along? Probably to get him to fire another bluff with your read.
With your read...alarm bells should go off in your head when he checks the turn. If he really is a big bluffer like you said this is an excellent card for him to keep fireing, yet he declined to do so.
So I'd come to the opposite conclusion than castigar.
"With that read, fold turn"

Probably comes down to if he bluffs with checkraises or usually bluffs by betting out.