Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Wisdom teeth question

Follow up: I had them removed this morning.. They were all coming in straight so they apparently came out very well(I was out for the procedure).. He was done in half an hour.. I came home and slept for a while and now I feel basically 100% except the fact that my lip/tounge are still a little numb.. There is slight pain on the bottom two but nothing bad at all.. It went much better than I imagined and I am glad I went through with it when I did. I am going to see Oceans 13 tonight and golfing tomorrow.. Thanks for everyones advice/thoughts when I originally asked this..

Here they are [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] :
Old 06-08-2007, 03:30 PM

Good choice on getting them out. It's a harmless procedure and people make it out to be way worse than it is. I've never seen a case where all four were pulled out and were all straight and intact, though... usually they have to break one or two.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:07 PM

I had all four of mine out and it went even easier than the op's. It literally took him less than two minutes to pull all four teeth out once he novocaine and laughing gas had been administered, and I didn't feel a thing.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:06 PM

I'm actually not sure how long he actually spent.. He had told me before hand it would take him 30 min.. I don't remember anything other than them putting the oxygen in my nose, a shot and the arm and then waking up in the room to come down from the drugs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]..

I had heard a bunch of bad stories like you had mentioned about dry sockets and such so I expected it to be worse.. I will now recommend the surgery to anyone that asks..
Old 06-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Man, you gotta get some ketchup packets, and play some parctical jokes. Im thinking the traditional hit in mouth with door gag.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:18 AM

It's pretty likely that I'll get mine taken out before I graduate from college. I don't think I'll need them, but after college I will temporarily not have any health/dental insurance to work with.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:06 AM

get them taken out, its not that bad, id suggest talking to other people who have gottent them taken out. Some doctors are better at the surgery then others so try to get a recomedation. Id suggest bringing in a great CD and listening to a favorite song while getting laughing gas option. It will be great until u realize taht the liquid taht is spattering everywhere isnt water, but blood. Ice cream and vicodin for a week after
Old 06-09-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get them taken out, its not that bad, id suggest talking to other people who have gottent them taken out. Some doctors are better at the surgery then others so try to get a recomedation. Id suggest bringing in a great CD and listening to a favorite song while getting laughing gas option. It will be great until u realize taht the liquid taht is spattering everywhere isnt water, but blood. Ice cream and vicodin for a week after

[/ QUOTE ]

Its actually a lot of saliva mixed witha little bit of blood. One time assisting a thirds surgery the handpiece got caught in the gauze that was sheilding stuff from falling down the patients throught which then started spinning at thousands of rpms and was soaked in blood/saliva mix. There was a loud pop and me and the Oral surgeon were soaked in blood.

He was like "somebody get a camera!, if i walk out into the halls, theyd think i shot someone." He then tried to walk off but forgot he was attached by a headlight to a stationary unit and almost succeeded in knocking over the unit and the instrument tray everywhere. Thank god for face shields, hair nets and full body gowns, ruined my shoes and scrub pants though.

-JP