Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: $3 sngs on PP - push or not?

Hand one might be the easiest shove ever, anyone folding here sucks at sngs.

Hand two is also a really easy push

Hand three is a fold at the $3 sngs, you just get called here too often. You should be pushing really tight here since you are pushing into the bigstack, and you are 2bb ahead of 4th place. Something like AT+ 88+

Hand four looks ok, i would probably raise to 900 and fold to a repush from the CO and probably MP if he was decent, but pushing here is fine with their sized stacks.

Hand 5 looks like a really easy fold to me, but you didn't provide a read as to how wide hes pushing. As standard vs a random this would be a fold though.

Hand 6 seems an easy fold too.

Hope that helped - if you can afford it you should invest in SNGPT since that will help you learn how to pushbot well and get you better and recognising spots to push and fold
Old 05-20-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand one might be the easiest shove ever, anyone folding here sucks at sngs.

Hand two is also a really easy push

Hand three is a fold at the $3 sngs, you just get called here too often. You should be pushing really tight here since you are pushing into the bigstack, and you are 2bb ahead of 4th place. Something like AT+ 88+

Hand four looks ok, i would probably raise to 900 and fold to a repush from the CO and probably MP if he was decent, but pushing here is fine with their sized stacks.

Hand 5 looks like a really easy fold to me, but you didn't provide a read as to how wide hes pushing. As standard vs a random this would be a fold though.

Hope that helped - if you can afford it you should invest in SNGPT since that will help you learn how to pushbot well and get you better and recognising spots to push and fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you that was very helpful and the next time I cash out from PP I will buy SNGPT.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really should take more time looking at the HH's [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Didn't notice that it has been raised before you. Now I agree with TwistedEcho it is an easy fold.

@TwistedEcho:
Would you lay down Hand 6 in an higher stake SnG as well? Lets say you get this hand in a $109 at PP. Is it still an easy fold for you or you think pushing is reasonable?

Edit: OK, Hand 6 is even against villians with a tighter range a fold, but pushing AJs here seems about right? Or am I not giving enough attention to position?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@TwistedEcho:
Would you lay down Hand 6 in an higher stake SnG as well? Lets say you get this hand in a $109 at PP. Is it still an easy fold for you or you think pushing is reasonable?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends who was in the game, they need to be calling really tight for this to be a push. Randoms just won't be folding AJ/AT/88 when you push here. Against some lineups you can correctly push a ton here, but then you get the problem when they see how wide you are pushing they will adjust their calling range etc and it becomes almost a guessing game as to pushing/calling ranges.

Its certainly a lot closer to a push vs good opponents, but i still think you'll get called looser than you should especially from the 2k stacks in the blinds, so i think i'd usually fold this still.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
@TwistedEcho:

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends who was in the game, they need to be calling really tight for this to be a push. Randoms just won't be folding AJ/AT/88 when you push here. Against some lineups you can correctly push a ton here, but then you get the problem when they see how wide you are pushing they will adjust their calling range etc and it becomes almost a guessing game as to pushing/calling ranges.

Its certainly a lot closer to a push vs good opponents, but i still think you'll get called looser than you should especially from the 2k stacks in the blinds, so i think i'd usually fold this still.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot! I guess I have to tighten up my range a little when I have bad position and if the opponents are not pretty tight!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really should take more time looking at the HH's [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] Didn't notice that it has been raised before you. Now I agree with TwistedEcho it is an easy fold.

@TwistedEcho:

Edit: OK, Hand 6 is even against villians with a tighter range a fold, but pushing AJs here seems about right? Or am I not giving enough attention to position?

[/ QUOTE ]

So hand 5 becomes a fold even if the raiser is really weak?on that hand I wasn't sure how weak he is(had KQo) but he had pushed with Q3o and KJo before so I wasn't sure.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

@TwistedEcho:

[/ QUOTE ]

So hand 5 becomes a fold even if the raiser is really weak?on that hand I wasn't sure how weak he is(had KQo) but he had pushed with Q3o and KJo before so I wasn't sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

His pushing range needs to be 55+,A8o+,A5s+,KTo+,K9s+,QJs or wider, thats the breakeven point. If he is pushing any ace or pair then the repush is fine.

I have no idea how wide a random pushes at these levels, so its probably close.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

@TwistedEcho:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His pushing range needs to be 55+,A8o+,A5s+,KTo+,K9s+,QJs or wider, thats the breakeven point. If he is pushing any ace or pair then the repush is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I just took the SNGPT tutorial(I have Pokerstove and have used online ICM calculator before which is pretty much the same) and one thing that came into my mind was that, how useful is it on that low levels?I have no idea whats their push ranges is, even tho I play there, I've seen them calling w any ace of course and any pair and 69s etc. but on higher levels is definetly profitable prog.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

@TwistedEcho:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I just took the SNGPT tutorial(I have Pokerstove and have used online ICM calculator before which is pretty much the same) and one thing that came into my mind was that, how useful is it on that low levels?I have no idea whats their push ranges is, even tho I play there, I've seen them calling w any ace of course and any pair and 69s etc. but on higher levels is definetly profitable prog.

[/ QUOTE ]

it shouldn't matter, you should be able to put people on ranges whatever the buyin. If you aren't sure what their range is, just run the same hand with multiple ranges (one too tight, one too loose, one about what you think if their range) and take an average.