Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who are the Top 5 SNG players in the World? Have to of played 1k 215s+ to Answer )
1. Good2cu (ShipItHolla, OkemosGod) 5 4.27%
2. Z23fanatic (rosekto/herpes4l1fe) 15 12.82%
3. Bigjoe (bigjoe, newt_buggins) 12 10.26%
4. Newt (Idiotluxbox) 13 11.11%
5. Majorpolk (MyPlayground2) 1 0.85%
6. Deuce2High (pwnasaurusx, hezaquick1) 5 4.27%
7. Curtains 9 7.69%
8. JohnnyBax 2 1.71%
9. Sheets 0 0%
10. GregRaymer(Fossilman) 2 1.71%
11. BonafoneX(Billy4inc, Pwhap) 6 5.13%
12. Raptor517 (Raptor517, PinkRazor etc.) 8 6.84%
13. Gramps (Burrito4me) 7 5.98%
14. Scrubs 0 0%
15. The_Dry 4 3.42%
16. FireyJustice (JCardShark, Gormos, XxtabiasXX) 5 4.27%
17. Zeejustin (50+ Screen names) 3 2.56%
18. Gigabet (40% ROI!! LOL) 4 3.42%
19. Daniel Alei 2 1.71%
20. Jman28 (Sassypants) 1 0.85%
21. Shannon Shorr (Bluff4Rent) 2 1.71%
22. Noodleman 3 2.56%
23. Phil Ivey 0 0%
Other 5 4.27%
Other 3 2.56%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Footba

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
McNabb has gotta be a stretch there. He may not be ready and who knows if he will stay healthy or perform like last years start

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't save the file, but given the point structure, KUBIAK had him rated in the top 10 or 12 or something. They actually had to give Manning a somewhat artificial 5% boost to keep him ahead of McNabb.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is something really wrong about this. Manning will average about .5 more TDs per game passing and will probably rush for the same if not 2 or 3 fewer for the year. Also Manning will average 45-55 yards more passing per game. While McNabb could run for a 20 ypg average (a real stretch considering the ACL surgery and his reluctence to run the past few years). Even then I can't figure a way that with straight math McNabb finishes ahead of Manning.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Footba

Brag: I was the first to name my team "Bad Newz Kennels" in both of my leagues so far.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:14 PM

I got the first pick in my keeper draft which starts this week. I have several options, but wanted some input.

I kept Roy Williams, Willis McGahee and Cadillac Williams.

I can trade the number one pick for Antonio Gates and a pick package. Or i can just pick one of these guys

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Marvin Harrison
Travis Henry
Maurice Jones-Drew

Henry is ranked the highest, but is also pretty up there in age and could be gone by next season. Jones-Drew is likely the best keeper option, but i already have 2 young but under performing backs. I also like Brady, but i am ok with going with Cutler/Hasselback etc. a few rounds later.

If it helps, i have the first pick in every round and its 12 teams.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:30 PM

Could anyone do me a favor and read a first draft of a league constitution? It's around 3 pages/1400 words.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
McNabb has gotta be a stretch there. He may not be ready and who knows if he will stay healthy or perform like last years start

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't save the file, but given the point structure, KUBIAK had him rated in the top 10 or 12 or something. They actually had to give Manning a somewhat artificial 5% boost to keep him ahead of McNabb.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what...drafting him two rounds early is still a mistake. Doesn't matter if you think he'll throw for 4500 yds and 45 tds.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what...drafting him two rounds early is still a mistake. Doesn't matter if you think he'll throw for 4500 yds and 45 tds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the point structure, I don't think McNabb's a mistake here. Maybe I'm wrong, but you didn't really expound on your point.

Also, you seem to have a different value of players than KUBIAK, as the #1 RB according to it is Frank Gore, who you don't even list in your top ten.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 PM

I've been thinking of starting a keeper league to run alongside the current league some friends and I play. I've been doing some reading but would like some input if I am off.

1. League will have 3 keepers/team. If you keep a player, you lose your pick in the round they were selected the next year. This seems pretty standard, but how do you deal with keepers that were picked up as free agents? Two such possible instances of this from our league last year could have been Jones-Drew or Cutler. League wasn't very deep that year, so both went undrafted, if someone decided to keep an undrafted player do they lose their 14th or 15th round pick?

2. What is an optimal draft size? Most leagues I've been in have done 14 or so, is this still good for an 8-10 team keeper league? If we decide to go dynasty, should this number increase?

3. How do you deal with waivers? I've been in leagues with/without it and have mixed feelings.

4. Do you decide draft order yearly with last place getting first pick, second to last getting second, etc? If so, do you still do a wraparound snake style draft, or should the last place team get first pick every round?

5. I plan to keep scoring pretty close to yahoo type scoring. 4pts/TD, 1pt/25 yds for QBs. 6pts/TD, 1pt/10yards rushing/receving, etc. I've never been in a PPR league and haven't really cared, is this something I should really add in?

6. Common positioning:

QB
RB, RB
WR, WR
TE
K
DEF
The rest bench

I guess that's a little long but any input is appreciated. I plan to write up a constitution so there's no question during the season on what we set up, so I'm sure I'll have some more questions as I go along
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 PM

No waivers
FA Keepers should be last round picks
First year should be snake draft, every year after should be standard nfl draft style
Add 3rd WR slot
Old 07-20-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the point structure, I don't think McNabb's a mistake here. Maybe I'm wrong, but you didn't really expound on your point.

Also, you seem to have a different value of players than KUBIAK, as the #1 RB according to it is Frank Gore, who you don't even list in your top ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

my point is that you make a mistake 100% of the time if you draft a guy who you could always get in a later round.
hyperbolic example:
let's say you have LaMont Jordan ranked ahead of Tomlinson in your RB rankings. You now have the first pick. are you saying that you should draft Jordan? Of course not, you take LT and draft jordan w/ a 4th round pick or whatever.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my point is that you make a mistake 100% of the time if you draft a guy who you could always get in a later round.
hyperbolic example:
let's say you have LaMont Jordan ranked ahead of Tomlinson in your RB rankings. You now have the first pick. are you saying that you should draft Jordan? Of course not, you take LT and draft jordan w/ a 4th round pick or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brees was taken right before me, Palmer was taken right after me and Brady was taken in the next round. McNabb wasn't going to be available if I didn't take him.